New JOB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I didnt mean to take pesonal what you said just hit close to home there me being from East TN yanno, but not everyone here is like that. Jealousy is everywhere and its unfortunate.

Firstly, congratulations on the job. Then:

I'm not going to quote your VERY offensive post and language, However, NOTHING shows up a hypocritical "christian" more than quoting from the Bible, and then calling a person the words you used. IF you are going to continue in that way, please REMOVE the Bible quote from your signature! You just give anti-christians more reason to put down people attempting to be real christians.

Read the forum a little, realise he was joking, and NOT using a personal attack with the word he used. It might have been a bad choice of a word, but is used in a way that's familiar, and doesn't mean the obvious definition in the context of his sentence.

congratulations on the new job. dont listen to some of these guys, there are downfalls at every job, but what you have to ask is do the perks outweigh the downfalls?

where else can you say you can get a monthly bonus just for doing your job correctly? a 10% increase in pay each time you level up? (which you can easily do twice in the first year)

i've had techs tell me this month that with all of their bonus', overtime pay, etc that they made close to $60k in 2008.....if you're willing to work and do the job correctly dish is willing to shell out some money to keep you here

i am curious though as to how the training at that depot runs....do you do class training 2 days/ride with a tech 2 days, or is it 2 weeks of class, 6 weeks of shadowing a tech?

I agree and I get dirty looks when ever I go out to dinner I am customed to tip my waiters Waitresses. I was told by many that leavin a $20 dollar tip is too much and not to do that. But when I talk to the people bringin me my food that they get $2.00 an hour and the rest the company expects the waiters to make up in tip is ridiculous. In calif waiters and waitresses get paid $9.25 an hour then they also get tip on top of that.

You are being very broad in stating that California food servers make $9.25 an hour. That may be true is San Francisco but my wife, who has served tables for nearly 40 years make $8.00 an hour today which is the minimum wage for the State.

U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Standards Administration (ESA) - Wage and Hour Division (WHD) - Minimum Wage Laws in the States - January 1, 2008

A tip should be 15% for good service, 20 % for great.
BTW minimum wage for a server is about $2.15 with the rest made up in tips.

For those who do not know, the federal minimum wage recently went up to $6.55/hr and will increase to $7.25 this time next year. Great, that’s fine. However, the server minimum wage remains the same $2.13/hour that it has been since 1991. First, there is no moral justification for paying servers less than any other profession. The whole, “they make their money from tips” thing just doesn’t wash. Not unless the government is going to pass a law that says if you don’t tip 20% regardless of service then you spend a night in the poky. And a law like that is just as crazy as a law that says CEO’s, salesmen, and retail manager’s can receive bonuses that are separate from their salary, but servers have to chose one or the other. Servers should make the same minimum as any other proffession and then tipping can go back to being what is was supposed to be, a bonus for a job well done. As the law stands now not tipping is against the law, however the government punishes the victim rather than the offender. You see server’s still have to pay taxes on tips even if they don’t get one. And in today’s economy they are not getting any. The restaurant server is an endangered species in America.
Thoughts on the New Minimum Wage « Wannabe TV Chef - Blog

10 Reasons Why Restaurant Servers Should Receive Better Tips! - Associated Content

You are being very broad in stating that California food servers make $9.25 an hour. That may be true is San Francisco but my wife, who has served tables for nearly 40 years make $8.00 an hour today which is the minimum wage for the State.

U.S. Department of Labor - Employment Standards Administration (ESA) - Wage and Hour Division (WHD) - Minimum Wage Laws in the States - January 1, 2008

Thats in Southern calif and also 8 dollars is better then $ 2.00 dollars that servers make in TENN, an the company tells em they can make up to $6 or $9 which includes Tips. At least Your wife gets $8 bucks an hour and tips on top of that. Tennessee does not have a Minimum wage. I said what servers make in Southern calif from what my nephews got paid for as they went to school. and Northern calif is way different then southern cali. I grew up in Modesto and lived in Southern cali from 1997 till 2007. Been in Knoxville since 2007 and I talked to some servers and they told me they get a couple of bucks an hour and the company expects them to make up the difference in tips

props to the fresh fish...

By the fist month youl get it down.. Ask to go out with the top guys in the office and keep your mouth shut.. dont let your cable exp stand in your way dont be the gofer.

All your customers are babies so pamper them and walk them through every thing once your on your own and make sure to get the HR persons phone number for your local as customers will try to tipp you for your great service just thank them but say you wuld be glad to give them your HR's number insted of the 5-25 they are tryign to give you ..50-100 keep it ;-P

Went from 13hr to 24 in four months doing this .... by month six i was out of DNS and now subbing selling and installing for dish direct wild globe idirect all traning payed by my new office and pay has dubbled over dish.

This is Exactly what I am sayin. It is not Fair for them. I have not worked as a server in 15 yrs but still it is not fair to them.

Evven worse is some places make them tip pool. So a every one shares in the spoils evenly- to much communism for my taste--NO CRACKS about Obama now:rolleyes:

Except that in CA making 8 dollars is like making 2 dollars in other parts of the country. Using Knoxville for example the rate of pay is on average 23% less than San Francisco and the cost of living is 52 percent less in TN
Salary.com's Cost of Living Wizard Tool

Not really I lived in both and I say food is more expensive in Tenn then in calif. Calif has no tax on food but in Tenn they tax food. also Insurance on cars are more expensive here in Tenn then in calif, we could go on all day about this. A TV in Calif or Tenn is the same. Clothes are the same price as in calif the only thing thats cheaper here is maybe housing thats all. cars cost more here then in calif, also I think servers should at least be paid federal minimum wages.

I thought the same thing thats why I took my job transfer to knoxville, I come here and boy I am glad I kept my calif salary. The truth is that the housing part of knoxville is cheaper but not for long knoxville houses are getting more expensive then in So cal, my house thats $215,000 now 3 yrs ago was worth $189,000 Same house in calif 3yrs ago was $560,000 now I can get one for about $189,000

Woooo you quote GENESIS 1:26 but yet you have a really bad mouth. Hmmm; must be nice to be a bible thumper when someone cusses you out, but when you cuss it is ok right? 2 face people are everywhere, your in east Tenn no wonder your 2 faced. Alot of people in east Tenn are 2 faced.

Thanks for caring about my soul. I knew someone was going to say that...forgive me. It was late I hate that word "bastard". Oh yea, I admit it...I'm more of a hunter rather than a bible pusher-hence the quote...it's kinda like sayin YOUR GOD put me here to rule the creatures. Ever saw pulp fiction??? The black guy says some pretty cool stuff out of the bible before he kills people...it's kinda like that. I also drink more than I should...and was sippin on sum moon juice when I put that post... I would quit pointing fingers if I were you. Hey, when I get to hell I will save ya a seat if that makes you feel better:eek: People everywhere are two faced...the pot calling the kettle black...ever heard that. Yea...it's ok to cuss:up Did not mean to hurt your feelings..is it that time of the month?

Firstly, congratulations on the job. Then:

I'm not going to quote your VERY offensive post and language, However, NOTHING shows up a hypocritical "christian" more than quoting from the Bible, and then calling a person the words you used. IF you are going to continue in that way, please REMOVE the Bible quote from your signature! You just give anti-christians more reason to put down people attempting to be real christians.

Read the forum a little, realise he was joking, and NOT using a personal attack with the word he used. It might have been a bad choice of a word, but is used in a way that's familiar, and doesn't mean the obvious definition in the context of his sentence.

hey man...I think I will just leave it up there how bout that. Maybe you could build a bridge and get over it

props to the fresh fish...

By the fist month youl get it down.. Ask to go out with the top guys in the office and keep your mouth shut.. dont let your cable exp stand in your way dont be the gofer.

All your customers are babies so pamper them and walk them through every thing once your on your own and make sure to get the HR persons phone number for your local as customers will try to tipp you for your great service just thank them but say you wuld be glad to give them your HR's number insted of the 5-25 they are tryign to give you ..50-100 keep it ;-P

Went from 13hr to 24 in four months doing this .... by month six i was out of DNS and now subbing selling and installing for dish direct wild globe idirect all traning payed by my new office and pay has dubbled over dish.

Cool...thanks for the advice!

congratulations on the new job. dont listen to some of these guys, there are downfalls at every job, but what you have to ask is do the perks outweigh the downfalls?

where else can you say you can get a monthly bonus just for doing your job correctly? a 10% increase in pay each time you level up? (which you can easily do twice in the first year)

i've had techs tell me this month that with all of their bonus', overtime pay, etc that they made close to $60k in 2008.....if you're willing to work and do the job correctly dish is willing to shell out some money to keep you here

i am curious though as to how the training at that depot runs....do you do class training 2 days/ride with a tech 2 days, or is it 2 weeks of class, 6 weeks of shadowing a tech?
They are wanting to train us where we get to apply what we have learned in the classroom out in the field. This is a new office and I can already tell things are kinda going kinda not as planned...It has been about a month long process just getting paperwork, test, etc done. I start class next week and will let you know what's going on. I'm happy to get my foot in the door at a new office!

I can see it already. Some customer is gonna walk up to him and ask "working hard I see..." He'll be unemployed shortly thereafter. :D
Dude...trust me I will not be unemployed no matter what the customer says. I know how to act professional and when to defend myself. I bet your a small aren't you...a little guy we have here. Admit it...your small and belong in a can:D:D Man I know I can out work you. I KNOW IT! Granted I'm just a corn fed overgrown redneck, but I started running a sawmill at the age of twelve...I was 6ft 6inches then. I now have people running that sawmill for me, and I make bank... and my wife is a Dr. Come to think about it why am I working anyway? I just get bored fishing and hunting all the time...and enjoy telecommunications and meeting new folk. I'll quit wasting my time now...have a good one buddy:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)