New Local HD channels Coming Soon.

Interesting. I just had the 1000.4 installed today. When I called on Sunday to order the installation, the CSR noted that the instructions called for my locals to be cut off pending the installation. She said she didn't want to do that, what with it being super bowl sunday and all, and then put me on hold for 3 or 4 minutes. When she came back, she said she had taken care of that problem and I would be good to go with my locals pending the installation. I had no interruption of my locals.

The moral of this story is that if you get hold of the right person they can fix the problem for you. Maybe a letter to the CEO, Dishnetwork is called for.

It's now 3 hours since my original call to dish network. After 5 phone calls and talking to 7 different people I finally got my standard locals back, BUT I had to cancel the appointment to get my dish upgraded. I will call corporate office tomorrow and get this crap straightened out. If Directv had the locals here I'd change right now. But with all the crazy weather we have here I don't want to do that.

I continue to use the online chat customer service...

I moved out of my market for the superbowl in HD..then moved back the very next day...

they were very accomodating and took care of me quite well...in fact they have always taken care of me very nicely...since the primestar days....it always amazes me when folks have a problem w/ a csr....hang up and try again.

That being said..maybe I'm just giddy since my HD locals are scheduled to be lit up on feb 18th

:)

It's now 3 hours since my original call to dish network. After 5 phone calls and talking to 7 different people I finally got my standard locals back, BUT I had to cancel the appointment to get my dish upgraded. I will call corporate office tomorrow and get this crap straightened out. If Directv had the locals here I'd change right now. But with all the crazy weather we have here I don't want to do that.

This is a recurring problem, unfortunately. Since Dish doesn't sell "HD locals" and "SD locals", just "locals", presumably their software won't let them generate a work order to install a dish for locals when you already have locals. What's puzzling is why they don't re-write the software to allow it. When they started putting various cities' HD locals on satellites other than the one that customers in that area had previously been set up to receive national HD from, they should've quickly realized that they had a problem and taken action to correct it. If it was MY company, I'd edit the database bit-by-bit before pissing off customers over something that was my fault!

Springfield MO and Joplin MO were added last week. Some of, if not all, the others were tabled into the new Ciel 2 satellite that is to take the old 129 satellites place sometime in the near future.

I'm in the Springfield Mo DMA, and I think a Dish 1000 dish (it's wider than it is tall) installed about 14 month ago. I also get the stations OTA so I'm not in a super rush to have the stations on dish but would like to end up with them before summer.

Does anyone know what my options are or will be in the future?

I'm in the Springfield Mo DMA, and I think a Dish 1000 dish (it's wider than it is tall) installed about 14 month ago. I also get the stations OTA so I'm not in a super rush to have the stations on dish but would like to end up with them before summer.

Does anyone know what my options are or will be in the future?

They added the Springfield, MO locals to 77W on the eastern arc. You would either need a Dish 500 added to your 1000.2 configuration or possibly the 1000.2 replaced with a 1000.4 eastern arc dish if your RSNs are also on that arc. Cost usually ranges from $0 with additional commitment or up to $99 without additional commitment. Some have only paid $59 without commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts