New member - old sat hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ira Lacher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 9, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
Glad I learned about this site! I have been a DirecTV sub since last September after switching from DISH, where I was a sub since 1996. My goal for the rest of 2008 is to decide whether it's time to take the HD plunge. Have resisted so far because I just don't think the programming justifies the cost. Would welcome some input on this, tho.

I justified the cost by it being the only entertainment we spend money on, we don't go out to dinner, we don't go to movies, we don't go on vacations.... so we have High Def TV & programming. Wonderful 99% of the time....

Glad I learned about this site! I have been a DirecTV sub since last September after switching from DISH, where I was a sub since 1996. My goal for the rest of 2008 is to decide whether it's time to take the HD plunge. Have resisted so far because I just don't think the programming justifies the cost. Would welcome some input on this, tho.
:welcome
Is HD worth it? Only if you're into sports, movies, or entertainment. If you don't watch TV, it's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.