New Member & Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

adecgr

Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
NH
Hi everyone. Glad to have found you guys!

I know this question has been asked a zillion times before, so if you just want to provide me with a link to a thread, I'll be very happy with that:

I don't have a landline. I have Vonage. How the heck can I order movies (I tried online through Directv's website, but it doesn't work) or do OnDemand? Or can I do this at all? Directv doesn't know what to do, and Vonage has done everything they can do to help. (I have to say, Vonage has been incredible in their customer service. How can Directv not know about this problem since I would think it's awfully common to have VOIP these days?!?)

My computer is in a separate part of the house from the TV, so my Vonage box is nowhere close to the television.

What do I do? This is incredibly frustrating.

Thanks so much for re-answering a question that's been asked before!

But, but... the Vonage router is in a completely separate part of the house from the DVR and TV.

You can also order movies online through your Direct TV online account on their website. This will give you the movie on all of your boxes, unlike if you order via remote over a phone line that only gives you the movie on that specific box.

Do you have a wireless router? You can connect your receiver to the internet via a wireless connection if your internet source isn't close to your receiver.

You need one of these to plug into your receiver and then it will connect to your internet via a wireless connection.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124338&Tpk=WET610N

Thanks!!! Would one wireless router do the job, or do I need to get the kit DirecTV says I need to get:

"Wireless Internet Connection Kit

This kit includes a Linksys wireless adapter for connecting your DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR to the Internet. Note that you will need to have an existing wireless router. Only one wireless adapter is needed for each receiver."

Thank you again for your help.

You would need one of those bridges for each receiver you want hooked to the internet. They are very easy to configure as well. I ran the installation CD, hooked the bridge into my router to set it up, like the CD said, and then moved it to my receiver and the wireless connection was found very easily.

You may find them a little cheaper on Ebay or any other store. Check around.

bbixler

I have a DGL-3420 wireless adapter attached to my D* box and then on the other side of the house I have my wireless router. Have not had an issue at all ordering PPV, On Demand or anything else.

Good Luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)