New Member says hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodturner

Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Alabama
I am about to join the 21st century with a new HDTV. All my kids have them so I've got to catch up! I bought a Sony 40" and will continue with D* after 12 years living with the ups and downs.. mostly up though. The DTV installer comes tomorrow (we hope) and I think I am ready for him. The only thing hanging is my RC64R remote which needs to be in RF mode because the DVR is on the other side of the wall the TV hangs on. When I go to the remote menu item I don't get an RF option, only an IR option. I bought an extender thing from Best Buy but you have to be 6 feet or closer (the instructions say 20 feet) Any suggestions? Maybe the installer can help but I am not counting on it. Do you do any thing to the DVR for the RF setup?
By the way this looks like a great forum. I have already learned alot just browsing around. I am an RVer and use RV forums alot. As the name implies, I am a woodworker in retirement and turning wood on a lathe is my favorite thing to do other than playing with the grandkids.

Just pray the installer doesn't bring a HR20-100. These ub=nits don't work to well with RF. It's my understanding that the HR20-700 works just fine with RF though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)