New member with Dish Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozeme

Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Hi....I am a new member and also new to this web site and Satellite TV.

Had a Dish Network 1000 installed on 10/12/07. Three receivers, Two VIP222HD and one 311 SD.

The 311 will not find a remote Code for a 19" Magnavox with built-in DVD Player and VCR. (Model 19MDTR20/17)

Please advise if any of you had this problem.

Thanks

Ozeme

Hi,
D.N. installer here. Most of your combo unit TVs will not program into our remotes because they use different codes than the stand alone TVs. Sorry, but you will have to use the original remote for power on/off and volume control.

Thanks, me4toyz

Does that mean use the TV remote for DVD/VCR also ??

ozeme

Last edited:
you can actually try using the device codes for the vcr and dvd player addressed to the tv button has worked several times for me a little trick of the trade

Hi....I am a new member and also new to this web site and Satellite TV.

Had a Dish Network 1000 installed on 10/12/07. Three receivers, Two VIP222HD and one 311 SD.

The 311 will not find a remote Code for a 19" Magnavox with built-in DVD Player and VCR. (Model 19MDTR20/17)

Please advise if any of you had this problem.

Thanks

Ozeme

WOW you mean people still buy those combo units? They are such crap, most of the time you end up with at least part of the unit not working and can't be fixed.

Yeah, my Wally-World Emerson TV/DVD combo tanked almost as soon as the warranty ran out. The remote wouldn't work any longer. One would assume the remote was bad, but no universal I had would control the unit, and when I took the remote into the store it did operate other Emerson units. So I knew I was screwed. (I used my remote to reset every Emerson TV to closed captioning and/or SAP.)

To the OP, have you tried the "step-n-repeat" method? That's usually mentioned in the instructions. In essence, you're trying every code sequentially until you find one that works. You don't have to reenter the 3-digits each time, but do the math on the possible combinations!

Alternately, get a universal remote that will control your Magnavox and the 311.

Welcome to ya'll, BTW...! (First time I saw a thread with 3 new guys in it...!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)