New Mystery Trailor *anybody know what it is???*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocoasushi

Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Rock
So I went to see the Halloween remake last night, which was amazing by the way, but I've been intrigued by a trailer I saw that had no name. Its the one that starts with the surprise going away party for the guy that's going to japan, but an "earthquake" hits, and these missile type things start shooting from some roaring creature that you never see and everyone freaks out. I can't find it anywhere online. I know my description isn't the best, but if you saw the movie and you have any clue what that particular trailer was for, please tell me.

Theres only one trailer for the movie and judging by its upcoming release date and lack of advertising it will either be a sleeper or a dud.

Thank you elstevo, that's been bugging me. I guess its ok that they didn't tell me the name then o_O

[EDIT] A friend of mine heard a rumor about a Voltron movie... If that's it I'm going to be so disappointed...

Didnt see any monsters with missles in that one, are you sure that you didnt get the dragon wars and the jja abrams project mixed together? Either way both look good but Im putting my money on the jj abrams flick being a considerable block buster.

Didnt see any monsters with missles in that one, are you sure that you didnt get the dragon wars and the jja abrams project mixed together? Either way both look good but Im putting my money on the jj abrams flick being a considerable block buster.

I didn't mean you see one, I meant you heard a kind of a roar, that's all. But yeah, its the JJ Abrams one that I was looking for.

Heres some info along your lines.

-- Official Site

A couple months ago, they started a brilliant marketing campaign for this movie with:

The Time Has Come...
and accompanying site The truth of Ethan Haas

the first one required you to solve different puzzles and each time you got a video from a rebel faction looking for new people to help with the cause. And according to their info...NO, its not Godzilla lol. It spoke of creatures from the heavens if I remember correctly.
Once you completed all of them, it let you register and they were supposed to contact all new recruits on Aug 1st.

The time came and now on that site it brings you to a new MMORPG, having possibly nothing to do with the movie. Although the premise of the game makes me wonder if it could have something to do with the storyline.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by BrianMik : Today at 12:54 PM.

Now some more that debunks it and sheds some light on what has to be very tight lipped security on the project and great marketing.

Actually, this was all speculation on the fans part. JJ Abrams had to eventually make a statemement saying Ethanhaas is nothing to do with the movie (not until after i spent an entire evening trying to solve it all ) so not part of their brillient marketing strategy at all, although i am sure it didnt do them any damage!

Speaking of the marketing campaign, they essentially made a film no one was aware of. Anywhere. The IMDB knew nothing, Empire Magazine (one of the most respected movie magazines admitted seeing the trailer on the net was the first there heard of it... etc etc. Sheer genius marketing. One of the most hyped films I have ever heard of and no one has a clue what its about!

The info is pulled from a gaming fan forum site I belong to.

Ok if you go to the official site -- you get just a single page with photographs and nothing else, but if you click and drag on each photo they move so again it seems pretty bla but if you look at the time stamps and put them in order you get something of a clue.

( -- is the site link )

Ok the trailer was ran for this tonight on adultswim cartoon network during the Shin Chan block. It is officialy called Cloverfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)