New Nationwide CBS HD

it says "© 1998 - 2007 HDTV Magazine, Ltd." at the bottom.. y would they not do this anymore?? thats garbage i dont have a CBS HD as a local channel.. how can i get CBS in HD?

Welcome, I assume you've just joined or at least just recently started posting. You missed one of the recent fiascos in which Dish lost a legal battle and there was a court ruling stating that they can't offer out-of-market local stations anymore.

There are "ways" to get stations that aren't "local" to you. One of these is called "moving"

Welcome, I assume you've just joined or at least just recently started posting. You missed one of the recent fiascos in which Dish lost a legal battle and there was a court ruling stating that they can't offer out-of-market local stations anymore.

There are "ways" to get stations that aren't "local" to you. One of these is called "moving"

yea this is actually my first post.. that sucks.. i cant get ABC locally so i order it.. i get a west coast and an east coast ABC by paying $50 a year or something.. they said they r working on making it HD right now.. but i suppose i could do the same with CBS, FOX, and NBC for the HD channels.. does anybody know the phone number or website where i can check that out?

I posted the quote below in another topic

"Hello I need help with this topic. I've had E* over a year now with the 622 & HD package, with locals

however when i "moved" to chicago to pickup east coast feed of major locals, the guide data stopped showing up on my OTA locals. i do pay for locals every month and have never had a problem getting the major 4 HD local stations out of chicago, and all the OTA HD stations in my town.

but the 622 won't pick up the guide data on the OTA stations?

isn't that big of a problem since the OTA HD locals in my town are crap and only work half of the time. plus their local commercials are screaming loud and pathetic

any ideas?"

How is it that D* can still offer distant HD
They followed the rules and only allowed customers who really were eligible. Dish didn't.... There are defined "white areas" that qualify for distant nets. I presume they're updated from time to time but Dish continued using an older "list", which showed more people being eligible.

I recall a few years ago checking eligibility from both providers. D* said I didn't qualify; E* said I did. Clearly they weren't using the same list.

What if you can get local SD via DISH from the Meridian Miss area. Now they have HD but I live where a hill kills the signal so there is no way to get OTA unless I got a tower, lol

I really hate the standard quality they are pushing as it's very very low PQ

No waver to get HD 'when' you at least get SD?

I had the waver for distants for years and even had the CBS HD until that ruling took it all away.

I at least can get SD signals but I want HD and have no idea if/when they might push HD from meridian. It took them years to get what I have now.

What if you can get local SD via DISH from the Meridian Miss area. Now they have HD but I live where a hill kills the signal so there is no way to get OTA unless I got a tower, lol

I really hate the standard quality they are pushing as it's very very low PQ

No waver to get HD 'when' you at least get SD?

I had the waver for distants for years and even had the CBS HD until that ruling took it all away.

I at least can get SD signals but I want HD and have no idea if/when they might push HD from meridian. It took them years to get what I have now.

Well you can 'move.' Search around in the threads here and you will see what we mean.

I 'moved' to Denver because our local CBS and FOX are not HD and don't seem to have any plans to go HD. In fact, our CBS claims to be in HD right now but they are only broadcasting a digital SD signal.

The folks at HDTVMagazine are good; I am sure they will remove it. But to be honest, it probably comes from our own staff account - which lists favorites and then updates them in the thread every day.

I'll check into it... :)

I did think about 'moving' but I just didn't decide where i wanted to uh, live

I just felt a little iffy about moving with my bill but the telephone being connected. I will search around and read more about this later

Thanks
Tiger

those channels are still sitting on the dish program guide as well, that thing needs fixed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts