New OTA Channel appeared, but get no signal?

Augurr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
I was flipping thru my channels last night and suddenly(meaning, it was there that morning) I see 44-1 WGMB1. That would be my local Fox channel. I didn't do a scan to get this channel, it just appeared on both STB's. Now I know Voom has mappings for locals based on some national listing they have and previously all I had was my local ABC and CBS channels. Now I suddenly have the Fox channel. Which to me means they updated the local mappings for my area to include this local. I tuned to it and got "blah blah blah, no signal received, blah, call the idiots, blah". So I tried doing a manual scan for the channel and got nothing except for another listing for my local ABC and my CBS channels. Hmmmm .... I called Voom talked to one of those idiots, and they told me there was nothing they could do since it was a local. I tried explaining to her that Voom updated my local mappings, therefore they must think I can receive the channel but I can't. She told me to reboot my STB. Didn't work, of course. Is my thinking wrong? Or should I call my local Fox affiliate and make sure they are actually broadcasting a digital OTA signal? I also think I should be getting my local NBC, but I don't either. If I call the stations and they confirm they are broadcasting digital OTA, then should that qualify me for an OTA upgrade?