New Panasonic Players already

Both players also incorporate a high capacity SD card slot for easy AVCHD Video and JPEG image viewing.

In addition to the above, both models have the capability to connect to BD-Live™ via an Ethernet terminal to give users the ability to network and download additional website content onto an SD memory card for additional entertainment enjoyment.

The DMPBD55 focuses additional attention to audio performance with the addition of 7.1 analogue outputs, audio grade components and isolation feet to reduce the effects of vibration.

So the DMP-BD55 has 7.1 multichannel analog outs rather than the 5.1 that the DMP-BD50 has.

I bet the DMP-BD35 will be bitstream only for the lossless codecs just like the DMP-BD30. (Hopefully they don't waste 5.1 multichannel analog outs on this one. That's just insulting.) At least Panasonic continues to ship profile 2.0 players rather than gimped 1.1 players. Maybe these new Panasonics will finally upscale and de-interlace worth a crap... Nah...

well, for those wondering about the AVS link to the same info, AVS lost their entries for the last week so it's pointing to an invalid thread now and I can't edit my 1st post any longer

"AVS lost their entries for the last week"

WOW. I went there and read the news. How embarrassing for them. I suspect they'll have a better set up for backups in the future.

Interesting you should go so low. You know Panasonic don't use lube.

Using their pricing history.

30 debuted for 499, has dropped to 399, and can be found for 329. The initial price for the 50 was supposed to be 699, debuted at 599, and can be found for around 529. The 55 might be 599, but I would really bet 499 based on what others are doing. If I had to choose between the Sony 550 and the BD55 at 499, I'd take the panasonic any day of the week.

I'm not sure what is going on with the 50. They are scarce and have never really hit the market. None of the BMs carry them in store, CC only on their website, and BB doesn't even have it in their system. They may not really materialize.

S~

I wonder if Panny will bring DVD-A playback back into their Blu-ray models. Ironically, Sony has never put SACD playback on any of their standalones.

I wonder if Panny will bring DVD-A playback back into their Blu-ray models. Ironically, Sony has never put SACD playback on any of their standalones.

I was wondering the exact same thing. It was in the 10's, why not put it back in the 55? (They could really be nice and leave out the watermark checking if they'd like! :D)

I seriously doubt you will ever see it again in any player except the Denon Universal player. Of course you're looking at 3500 for that one.

S~

Gee. I'm one lottery ticket away from the Denon. :-(

If someone came out with a good 2.0 BD player that did all the DVD formats, including DVD-A, and SACD, I'd think I'd have to buy it if I could afford it. Especially if it did PAL also, like Oppo's.

Come to think of it, anyone hear anything about an Oppo BD player?

Gee. I'm one lottery ticket away from the Denon. :-(

If someone came out with a good 2.0 BD player that did all the DVD formats, including DVD-A, and SACD, I'd think I'd have to buy it if I could afford it. Especially if it did PAL also, like Oppo's.

Come to think of it, anyone hear anything about an Oppo BD player?

The LG BH200 can do PAL. Unfortunately, it won't ever do SACD. DVD-A is a (rather unlikely) possibility, since it does Dolby TrueHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)