Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings,

Hope you are enjoying the new server! Thank you to the folks who have donated so far to help offset the cost of the new server it is VERY much appreciated!

When we launched the new server we were using a PHP Cashing technology call EA Accelerator, which as we found out after about 48 hours of uptime caused issues with the operation of the server, causing Page Could Not Be Displayed errors and other errors including segmentation faults.

To fix the issue I remove EA Accellerator but in doing this it slowed the performance of the system down a bit.

Just a few moments ago based upon the advice from the vBulletin support team I have installed a new PHP Caching system called APC. This new caching system again has boosted the server speed.

We will keep an eye on this new software to see if it causes us any issues. If you see anything strange please let us know here.

Thanks for your continued support of SatelliteGuys.US!

I have yet to run into any issues, since the new server. In fact I still see little differance in load times over back when it listed all the people viewing the pages and forums. Maybe I am lucky but it loads as fast of faster than anything yahoo or google has on my end. Thanks for the great work and I will be renewing my membership when the time comes. Just buying a new house last month money is kinda tight ATM.
Keep up the great work.
Eric

EA? Damn you John Madden, I KNEW you were behind this...

Is that EA Accelerator or eAccelerator?

Regardless, sounds like we need a new server...:shh

Caching sucks. Well, from a end user stand point it's great. From a developer standpoint it sucks as soon as you have 2 webservers because you have that whole concurrency/data replication/validation thing to worry about. We're dealing with caching issues right now at my daily job.

Scott,
Just curious,
When a persons year comes around and it is time to re up, Is there an email or some way of notifying, so I can send my money for the next year ?

I don't recall exactly when I signed up last year, but I think it is sometime soon.

Thanks,
Jimbo

PS. I probably should have put this somewhere else, but when I saw the word money, it jogged my memory

I "Believe" it sends an email. At least it use to in the older version. :)

Thanks for your support.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I "Believe" it sends an email. At least it use to in the older version. :)

Thanks for your support.

I'll be happy to donate what I can, just need to know when it should be showing up.

When I see it, you will get it.

Keep up the great work Scott and associates working behind the scenes.

I think the bugs from the other day are gone now, I haven't seen anything weird since then.

Also, it's nice to know you can talk with the people in charge, make it kinda more like family :)

Jimbo

Last edited:
I have been monitoring the software since I loaded on APC and I see no issues, of coourse our log files tonight might tell us another story. :)

The nice part about all of our staff is that they are down to earth regular people, its not like other sites (and I am not picking on any one site) where the staff thinks that they have a title that they know everything.

Here at SatelliteGuys we admit we are human and do screw up from time to time.

I like running this site because I like learning stuff myself and I also like helping other learn and decide what is good for them on their own. I don't like force feeding folks by saying company X is better then company Y because for one persons needs brand X may be better then brand Y (and vice versa) :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)