New prices ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnml

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
fort lauderdale
I noticed on my bill that total choice plus went from $48.99 to $51.99 and HBO went from $12 to $13. Is this raise for everybody ? I was told this was across the board and everyone received the raise but I also heard that existing subscribers were locked in at the "old" rates. Is this true ? thanks -

Programming packages changed on Feb 6th existing customers got to keep their old packages but they got a price increase of 2-3 dollars depending on what they subscribed to.

I noticed on my bill that total choice plus went from $48.99 to $51.99 and HBO went from $12 to $13. Is this raise for everybody ? I was told this was across the board and everyone received the raise but I also heard that existing subscribers were locked in at the "old" rates. Is this true ? thanks -

New customers increase was $5. If you had DISH your HBO went up to $14.99!.
Feel better? Thought so.;)

Gotta love the way D* grandfathers older customers and gives them a break! :D

i got installed in jan. and got the old price fixed for 1 yr. and a free movie
channel for 1 yr. just under the wire uuuh

All grandfathered packages only went up $3 or so.

If you *just* signed up with DirecTV before the price change in early Feb you actually get to keep your old rate with no increase until your initial contract is up. But if you aren't on your initial commitment then you went up the $3.

For those that got the grandfathered price, what happens to them when their price lock is up? An even bigger increase the next time around for them which will irate many customers. If they did not get a $5 price increase next year then they will get it next year in addition to next year's price increase which may be $1-3 so that is a total of $6-8 price increase most likely.

For those that got the grandfathered price, what happens to them when their price lock is up? An even bigger increase the next time around for them which will irate many customers. If they did not get a $5 price increase next year then they will get it next year in addition to next year's price increase which may be $1-3 so that is a total of $6-8 price increase most likely.

Well as in my case I look on both sides of the fence.I see that no other provider gives me all the channels I get with TC+.So I bite the bullet and pay the price.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)