NEW problem introduced by 264

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zvogt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 12, 2003
95% of the time, with 263 the preview pane on the channel
guide did not work. Now it appears that pane woorks no
matter what, but at the expense of the other visual information.
Right now if i hit "guide", I see small video in the upper
right cornerr, but all black everywhere else.
Also pressing the "skip back" button, which used to be a shortcut
to the system information screen also brings up an all black screen.
I smell the same number of hard reboots in the future.
(Can I change my vote in the satisfaction poll?)

and apparently even the power button is disabled. Most buttons get me an all black screen, the view button retuns me to video, but nothing short of physically pulling the plug offers any hope of correcting the problem. :mad:

Even pulling the plug didn't help. Now that I've plugged the plug,
I CANNOT turn the box back on! With either the remote nor
the front panl power button! I've tried unplugging it yet again,
and letting it sit for a longer period of time. Still completely dead.

Edit:
Disconnecting the satellite cable rather than the power cord seems
to allow the box to turn on. It's up and running now, but it was
the mother of all hassels, I'm so angry. :mad:
"Swing and a miss..." DISH, I hope you're reading about these
failed attempts at fixing the problems.

You might need to call Dish and have them replace your 811. It sounds like your onboard memory has gone bad. I have seen the problem on the ones with 1010LABD firmware.

zvogt said:
Even pulling the plug didn't help. Now that I've plugged the plug,
I CANNOT turn the box back on! With either the remote nor
the front panl power button! I've tried unplugging it yet again,
and letting it sit for a longer period of time. Still completely dead.

Edit:
Disconnecting the satellite cable rather than the power cord seems
to allow the box to turn on. It's up and running now, but it was
the mother of all hassels, I'm so angry. :mad:
"Swing and a miss..." DISH, I hope you're reading about these
failed attempts at fixing the problems.

Geesh...I must be lucky.
the one problem that I have with the 811 even with the new software is something the drives me NUTS.....I feel silly though because you guys have much bigger fish to fry.

The close captioning sometimes will be on even if the menu says it is turned off. Takes a couple of trys to get rid of it. Last nite on Bill Maher I couldn't get rid of it at all and had to watch HBO in Sd.....wah wah wah.....

Just when I was liking the new upgrade... I now have to do a check switch when I turn my 811HD on, or I continually get downloading guide, please wait or cancel & it continues to cycle throught one after the other. If I do a check switch, it downloads the guide the 1st time it cycles through.

811 power up problems

I have also recently started to have power up problems on my 811. 20 - 30 buttons clicks(or remote clicks) later and it might turn on. It only happens some of the time though. :(

In the OTA set up menu if you set the "dish network locals" to be remapped to their correct channels while also having your digital OTA listed, after about 5 minutes your picture will become jittery and it will freeze up. Setting it back to OTA only will remedy this. So it seems you can't remap the Dish locals while also having digital stations.

Have you noticed (maybe) new guide problems?

(1) If you scroll vertically and are not at the first/left time you may push the guide to later times. It seems to relate to a different algorithm for positioning the highlighted position. Sometimes the highlight goes away. Sometimes a right push seems to disappear and a second moves the time.

(2) When you select for recording and return, it comes back to the top favorite HBO-HD (9456) at the current time not where it was.

I'm using a cheapo Classic DVD recorder with no known code. S-video gives a near DVD quality but squat picture -- I need to try 4x3 output?

I have my dish network locals mapped to low channels alongside the OTA digital channels and they work.

The problem 264 introduced to me is when I want to go to a digital OTA channel it used to go the the first sub channel. For example, I would enter 011 for digital channel 11.1. After 264 downloaded, 011 now goes to the analog 11. I only have analog 11 (NBC) there to get prime time program information on the guide. I think I'll have to get use to entering 0111 to go directly to 11.1. I don't sub to my locals since they come in better OTA.

I too have had problems powering up with 263 and 264. About 10-15 clicks before the 811 will turn on.

Since the 811 is only a UHF remote, Do you have any WiFi equipment or anything else that is transmitting or receiving a signal around your 811? I use the Pronto but I have not had any problems with the Remote when I have used it to turn the unit on and off. This one feels like a possible inteference issue. Then again, Dish has in the past messed up the remote. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts