New problem with TV2 Aspect Ratio

Just tried to watch my upstairs HD tv last night with my 722 in "dual" mode. I got the "extreme stretch-o-vision" picture and couldn't find a way to correct it. The format mode only offered "letterbox" which was the stretched with black bars top and bottom, and the "normal" which was stretched without the black bars but both sides of the picture chopped off. Neither looked good.

Don't know about everyone else, but this really screwed up a good feature that we used every night! I hope a fix is coming soon.

The 4 clicks of the PIP button is easier and faster.
And 2 clicks of the position button is even easier and faster. :up:up:up

Only in single mode of course since there is no PIP in dual.

Last edited:
same

This is the same problem I have which just recently started.. I only have one HDTV hooken up .. I have it set to stretch SD channels and every day it says STRETCH but its not and I have to school through the 622 modes to get it back correct..

Just tried to watch my upstairs HD tv last night with my 722 in "dual" mode. I got the "extreme stretch-o-vision" picture and couldn't find a way to correct it. The format mode only offered "letterbox" which was the stretched with black bars top and bottom, and the "normal" which was stretched without the black bars but both sides of the picture chopped off. Neither looked good.

Don't know about everyone else, but this really screwed up a good feature that we used every night! I hope a fix is coming soon.

Seems things have been this way for a long time. Just recently switched TV2 from a 4:3 to 16:9, and like you said, neither setting looks good.

Last edited:
I use a combination of settings. I use letter vox on my 722 TV2 out and then use the p size button on my remote to fill the screen on my small hdtv next to my computer. I use this if I want to watch stuff on my dvr. I also have a 211 with an ehd hooked up to the hdmi in on the same tv.

I use a combination of settings. I use letter vox on my 722 TV2 out and then use the p size button on my remote to fill the screen on my small hdtv next to my computer. I use this if I want to watch stuff on my dvr. I also have a 211 with an ehd hooked up to the hdmi in on the same tv.

After trying all available combination of settings, no combination works out. It's too bad, because there is noticeable difference in PQ between the HD and SD on TV2. Just going to have to live with the zoomed imaged as too much screen real estate is lost in letterbox.

Was hoping something could be done, but after finding complaints about this from ~3 years back, it seems Dish is not concerned about this. Funny, because 4:3 televisions are almost nonexistent now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts