New Receiver Cables?

this is just a ridiculous corner to cut....

"here is a 722 and thanks for getting some sweet HD through us."

"your welcome"

"now here is your $*#tty cable for it"

".......grrrr"

All of our receivers and families' receivers have came with component video cables. Of course we have HDMI instead :cool:

this is just a ridiculous corner to cut....
"

I agree that including a cable would be a nice touch, but E* certainly isn't alone with this. Do you know of any manufacturers that include HDMI or component cables with other devices, i.e., DVD or Bluray players?

Part of the problem is that the manufacturer has no way of knowing whether your existing equipment is component or HDMI. (Or even worse, composite, in which case it isn't HD at all.)

Got a replacement 622 couple of weeks ago... Included HDMI and component cables. It was a refurbished unit. Some times you get them, most of the time you don't.

Sony and Panasonic Blu-Rays. Maybe others, but those for sure.

Really? Which models?

The Quick Start Guides for both the Sony BDP-S350 and BDP-S550 Blu-Ray players show the following:
  • HDMI Cable (not supplied)
  • Component Cable (not supplied)
  • Audio/Video (supplied) [i.e., Composite]
Page 5 of the Operating Instructions for the Panasonic DMP-BD55 and DMP-BD35 shows the following included accessories:
  • Remote Control
  • Audio/Video Cable [i.e., Composite]
  • Batteries
  • A/C Power Supply Cord
Page 10 gives specifications for HDMI cables, which indicates the cable is not supplied with the unit.

Attachments

• BDPS550_qsg.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • DMPBD35-MUL_P5.pdf
    416.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DMPBD35-MUL_P10.pdf
    240.3 KB · Views: 114
At least all the ones sold Sam's and Costco. It was printed right on the box. (See AVS). My Panny DB30 came with one. And its' manual said it was not supplied. Same with a friend's Sony 350 from Amazon.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts