new sales frustration

I understand what you are trying to say, but it is not the same. A better example would be to say that the Car salesman (f)leases you the car for $250 today. You now have a 2 year contract. By the time you get your first months bill, your payment went up to $260 per month. You call and ask, and they tell you that the prices where sheduled to go up the day after you (f)leased the car. Does that seem ethical to you? That is exactly what they where planning to do to this new customer. No matter how you slice it, it is still WRONG.

I have no problem with the raising their prices. What I do have a problem with it lack of inegrity. Yes, you are correct. It might make it harder for the customer to place the order then, and perhaps they might wait until the next day, but it is still wrong to withhold that information from the customer, when they know it is going to happen. When I was looking to get service a few days ago, I asked if the prices where going to change soon, and the rep told me "Not that I know of". That is BULL. It is either bull from the cust. ser. rep or from Dish. If they are so concerened about losing the sale, then they should lock it in if they ordered before Feb. 1st.

-Al

Yes, my example has flaws, but yours is further from a correct example because the leasing company is not raising the prices because they have to pay more. They have already bought the car, and their costs do not go up. Dish increases prices when the cost of providing your service increases. Perhaps insurance would be a better example. The leasing company requires you keep a vehicle insured if you want to keep the car. If you let your insurance lapse, they can take the car back, and charge you a fee for breaking your lease. Yet they are under no obligation legally or morally to tell you if the insurance company is about to hike the rates. Keep in mind that most people who call to sign up for dish are not talking to dish network. They are talking to a 3rd party sales company that only cares about how many systems they can sell. once you sign the contract they never have to deal with you again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)