New Sat guy in need of setup help!

nyrobal

Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Greenville, SC
I am new to the satelite game having just left Charter (the Devil) in SC. I have just gotten a Dish 500 with a PVR (used). Is there anyway I can wire my pvr to play on all on my TV's (3)? I don't mind the same programming being on all TV's and I don't have the money as of yet to have a diff receiver on all three. The installer told me it was possible and left me 2 diplexers but I can't make head or tales of how to use them. I figure this can't be illegal because I was told my remote was UHF that can work up to 200 ft away. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't need diplexers, just a 3 way splitter. Take the TV out line from the receiver and put it in the 3 way splitter. Then the 3 lines coming off the splitter will go to your 3 TV's including the one that has the receiver. Easy as 1.2.3.

Thanks!!!!!

Thanks for the help!!! But is there anyway to do it using the existing cable lines in my house and without running a seperate lead to each tv?

thats what the installer left the diplexers for... here is a quick diagram i whipped up... it sucks and i'm sure someone will pipe in with a better drawing, but this should give you an idea...

Attachments

• diagram.bmp
    467.3 KB · Views: 243
thats exactly what yuou need to do just make sure u match up the sat in from dish and sat out for reciever and keep the uhf as yout tv outs behind the first tv and the other splitter too

When I grow up I want to be just like you!

Birddoggy!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the man, thanks a million! Your diagram worked like a charm. It took me less than 5 minutes to get it right. Thanks to all that replied. Bless ya!!!

ha, thats funny, because I made up basically the same diagram for a Directv installer that we have installing dish for us now... and it took him forever to grasp the concept of it.... glad you got it working

nyrobal said:
I am new to the satelite game having just left Charter (the Devil) in SC. I have just gotten a Dish 500 with a PVR (used). Is there anyway I can wire my pvr to play on all on my TV's (3)? I don't mind the same programming being on all TV's and I don't have the money as of yet to have a diff receiver on all three. The installer told me it was possible and left me 2 diplexers but I can't make head or tales of how to use them. I figure this can't be illegal because I was told my remote was UHF that can work up to 200 ft away. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you use a splitter, it will work for a while, then it will quit. The splitter is not made to handle the satellite signal. It will short out. If you want Satellite on all 3 tv's call customer service and have a 301/311 receiver added to your account.

The Ryder 1976 said:
If you use a splitter, it will work for a while, then it will quit. The splitter is not made to handle the satellite signal. It will short out. If you want Satellite on all 3 tv's call customer service and have a 301/311 receiver added to your account.

Not true AT ALL! The splitter will work just fine for home distribution.

ha, that is the most rediculous statement I have ever heard... the tv output on the receiver is no stronger than a good OTA signal. The splitter will not go out, it will work fine for years and years :)

now, if he stuck the splitter in the line between the dish and receiver, then yes, it wont work... most splitters aren't dc power passing

Yes nice drawing but if you hade one of the exisiting cable feed at the TV 1 area you could have back feed into it and it probably would have worked...and sold me the dixplexers...:)
Bruno

jbcheshire said:
So, on the diagram are you feeding the TV out signal from the splitter back up through the signal that is coming to the receiver via the diplexer?

Yes ..they are passing each other and they need to stay on their own side of the road..:)

The Ryder 1976 said:

Negative. If there was a splitter "between" the diplexers, then it wouldn't work.

But as long as the splitter(s) remain "outside" the diplexers, then he is good to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)