New satellite setup, is this equip compatible?

califRvers

Original poster
May 25, 2010
California
Hi!
We are in the process of preparing to setup satellite in our trailer and I hope I didn't make my first mistake already..
I purchased a Vip 222k HDTV dual receiver and a 1000.2 dish antenna online..

I should have asked this question prior to my purchase but I just found this forum after the fact...can you tell me if those are a compatible combination? I found a site that didnt list the 222 as compatible with the 1000.2, but its possible they dont update their site often, I found that site after ordering the equipment too.

Thanks for your help!
Julie

EDIT: I got ahold of someone at Dish Network, they informed me that they are compatible...yay! Next time, note to self, I must check first, duhh!

Last edited:
Yeah, that'll work.
The VIP222K is an MPEG4 reciever, but it will handle both MPEG4 and MPEG2 signal. The 1000.2 dish will pickup the 119,100 & 129 whichis MPEG2.
A combo that would not work would be the 1000.4 dish (MPEG4) with a non-VIP (non-HD) reciever such as a 322 or 311, etc. which are MPEG2 only.

Thank you guys! We're looking forward to satellite TV while traveling, since antenna signals are so few and far between at campgrounds..If we receive our equipment by Friday, we plan to set it all up on Saturday, I could be back for more help! :)
Julie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts