New SBC Dish Install, question for the experts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The_Ancient

Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hello, New to the site and I guess a new Dish Customer

I had dish a LONG LONG time ago, when it first came out, but I am now back in the DBS mix and just signed up with SBC dish (and DSL)

the Apartment Complex I am currently living in is dish friendly but will not allow it to be bolted to the actual building

SBC's Installers will be coming out to do the install on DEC 13th I am wondering if it is common for installer to have something like this

http://www.satelliteinno.com/nav.php?page=products-srm-info

to allow for Railing Mounting?

if so how much extra should I be expecting since it is not a "normal" install.

if this is not a normal item for installer, where would a good place be to buy it so I can have it here for my Install date

or do you guys have another suggestion, or a concern, do/with this type of mount

Thanks

Guess not Chad, thats why he asked here :)

No they won't do that kind of install, that is not a product I know of ANY installer carrying. Also chances are good they will need permission from your landlord to do anywork since they may have to drill holes for the cable.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Guess not Chad, thats why he asked here :)

No they won't do that kind of install, that is not a product I know of ANY installer carrying. Also chances are good they will need permission from your landlord to do anywork since they may have to drill holes for the cable.
LOL. just trying to get as much info as I can, I dont want to dely the install because I am no prepard....

I have the Permission from the Landlord (in writting even) , that is no problem, the way this building has the cable wired, there will be no problem running wires, no problems at all, the cable just runs "through a hole in the wall" literally, [old building]

the ONLY sitpulation is that the Dish itself can not be Bolted to the Exterior walls of the building

that is why I am going for the Railing mount...

Any Ideas are apprecated. Trying to Get rid of Comcast ASAP :D

for those that dont visit dbstalk here is the drawing i gave them

Yellow Area is the Common Breezeway/Balcony
Red area is where I want to Install it
Blue is the Stairs

Thanks again for any help

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    5.7 KB · Views: 220
Why not order the brackets and have them there for them and ask them to use them. Or better yet get a arm and mount it for them. This way they just need to come plum the mast and put the dish on it and wire it. :)

That would solve it and you would be helping out the installer. :D

I emailed the company that makes the products I posted a link to

they can ship them to me no problem by the install date so this is solved, ($13 plus shipping not bad imo)

which would be better though the SRK-S or the SRK-E

thanks for all the help

The_Ancient said:
I emailed the company that makes the products I posted a link to

they can ship them to me no problem by the install date so this is solved, ($13 plus shipping not bad imo)

which would be better though the SRK-S or the SRK-E

thanks for all the help

all you need to do is go to Lowe's and get you a 5 gallon bucket, a 5 ft 1 5/8 fence pole (galvanized) and 80 pounds of concrete cost you about 10.00 set the pole in the middle of the bucket pour you concrete in and put some water in there every little bit so it will have time to set before the installer comes and make sure you pole is level and it will save you about 65.00 cause the installer will charge you about 75.00 to do this.

TYORK said:
all you need to do is go to Lowe's and get you a 5 gallon bucket, a 5 ft 1 5/8 fence pole (galvanized) and 80 pounds of concrete cost you about 10.00 set the pole in the middle of the bucket pour you concrete in and put some water in there every little bit so it will have time to set before the installer comes and make sure you pole is level and it will save you about 65.00 cause the installer will charge you about 75.00 to do this.

I dont want to use the bucket trick, first IMO it looks like crap, and 2 it would partially block the walk ways to both apartment doors

thanks for the suggestion though

The_Ancient said:
I dont want to use the bucket trick, first IMO it looks like crap, and 2 it would partially block the walk ways to both apartment doors

thanks for the suggestion though

You can buy those clamps at lowe's also that were i get mine there about 1.97 a piece.

TYORK said:
You can buy those clamps at lowe's also that were i get mine there about 1.97 a piece.
I will have to take a Look at that today.. Thanks

I thought I remembered seeing something like that somewhere....

I would be worried about the relatively small contact area of those mounts. It seems the dish could get knocked out of alignment fairly easy. I'd wish for more than one baluster in a mount.

If the railing support has square edges, those should work great. If the support is rounded, they should still work very well, since they are like many other dish mounts I've seen (and my SG2100 FTA dish motor). As long as it's tight enough, the stairstepping metal edges will dig into the post slightly. It will probably scratch the support post a little but that's still much better for the apartment than drilling holes for the mount.

TuxCoder said:
If the railing support has square edges, those should work great. If the support is rounded, they should still work very well, since they are like many other dish mounts I've seen (and my SG2100 FTA dish motor). As long as it's tight enough, the stairstepping metal edges will dig into the post slightly. It will probably scratch the support post a little but that's still much better for the apartment than drilling holes for the mount.
could not find anything at lowes so I just ordered them from the Company I posted a Link to, More money but what the hell I'll just have a work a 1/2hr OT :yes :p

but the Railing is square, almost excatly as they have in the photo for their product...

the posts are Scratched some what anyway, Plus that is why they Make Spray Paint ;) :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts