New series keeps recording same shows

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
I subscribed to the new adult prem ch. RKTV and whenever I got to set a timer and I tell my 722 to record only new shows it still continues to record the same series of shows over and over again. Any suggestions ?

"New" only works when the guide data is accurate. When the information is not filled in completely the receiver defaults to record so that it doesn't miss something that you might have wanted. For a channel like RKTV it is doubtful that "new" will really work. Better off setting name based or manual timers.

Same for series tv on FX channel. I have to change my timer to weekly instead of new on Nip/tuck or I get every repeat recorded in the week.

I had a new timer for Nip Tuck and I got three repeat episodes recorded before I changed it to weekly only. I have the 722k but before I had the 722 and it did the same thing on that receiver too.

This happens to me with Simpsons episodes on our FOX affiliate for the last few months too. I have it set to NEW but it records daily shows from the late 80s and early 90s.

Not sure what the deal is.

Simple

This happens to me with Simpsons episodes on our FOX affiliate for the last few months too. I have it set to NEW but it records daily shows from the late 80s and early 90s.

Not sure what the deal is.

The info is not there for the show so the DVR records it to be on safe side.

In my case it shows the year and all the info. I'd say there's something missing 'behind the scenes' in the data that's causing the problem. But it is a new issue for me, it used to skip these a few months ago.

Safe? Safe? Recording programs of unknown vintage is not safe! I've had nothing but trouble with Nickelodeon and timers for Spongebob. The trouble is that the guide fairly frequently gets messed up Big Time. My DVRs all of a sudden record almost continuously and store 20 or 30 or even more episodes before I look and notice what's happening. By that time, the unwanted Spongebob episodes have filled up the disk and caused older recordings I haven't even seen yet to get deleted.

I would like to see a default in the other direction: "When in doubt, skip it."

I'm having the same problem since last week, there are several programs that are set to new but are recording all. One has been in my table for a year, One added 2 weeks ago. I checked the data and they are identical in every word and date. Storm Chasers (Disc), Heavy Haulers (TLC) and Renovation Nation (Planet Green).
I never had this problem before.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)