New Service, getting a hopper 3 with only two tvs...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tagman31

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2020
PA
I want to order dish, but the website is only giving me the option of a hopper duo if I only get two tvs. I record a bunch of shows, so only two tuners and 500gb is not going to do the trick. Is there any way to get DISH to give me a hopper 3. It sucks that they base it off the number of tvs...

I want to order dish, but the website is only giving me the option of a hopper duo if I only get two tvs. I record a bunch of shows, so only two tuners and 500gb is not going to do the trick. Is there any way to get DISH to give me a hopper 3. It sucks that they base it off the number of tvs...
Call them directly and ask for Hopper 3. Who cares how many tvs you will use with it. I can't imagine Dish turning a new customer down.

Reactions: reubenray
Welcome to the ever popular game show :

CSR ROULETTE!

And what do we have for our contestant? Behind curtains 1 thru 99, HEARTACHE and FRUSTRATION! In a foreign language, where English is, or will be, their third language! Curtain 100, mixed in there somewhere, is SATISFACTION!

Let’s spin that phone dial and Away We Go!

Through the website, select four TV's. That should be enough to get you set up with the Hopper 3. They will also want to add additional Joeys for those TV's. Don't argue, just let them schedule the installation. When the installer gets there, you can refuse those additional Joeys that you don't need. Or, just let the installer hook them up and activate them, if that is what is necessary to complete the work order. (Hook up two Joeys to each TV if you have to.) Then, after the installer leaves, call Dish to deactivate those additional Joeys, and they will send you a box with a return shipping label to send them back. Yes, this is more hassle than you should have to go through, but if you work within the system, it can be done.

My sister tried to open a new Dish account earlier this year with a purchased Wally. They made her sign up with a leased Hopper Duo to open the account instead. So, we did basically the same thing I described above, and got the system set up exactly the way she wanted it.

Through the website, select four TV's. That should be enough to get you set up with the Hopper 3. They will also want to add additional Joeys for those TV's. Don't argue, just let them schedule the installation. When the installer gets there, you can refuse those additional Joeys that you don't need. Or, just let the installer hook them up and activate them, if that is what is necessary to complete the work order. (Hook up two Joeys to each TV if you have to.) Then, after the installer leaves, call Dish to deactivate those additional Joeys, and they will send you a box with a return shipping label to send them back. Yes, this is more hassle than you should have to go through, but if you work within the system, it can be done.

My sister tried to open a new Dish account earlier this year with a purchased Wally. They made her sign up with a leased Hopper Duo to open the account instead. So, we did basically the same thing I described above, and got the system set up exactly the way she wanted it.
Yep! Do that. And when the tech shows up, just let him know you're only doing 2 TV's. He'll call our Front Line Support and modify the work order, the Agent will verify with you and that's that.

Gee, I'm giving up my 3 wired Joeys for my move and replacing them with the wireless Joey I just bought which means 2 TVs now instead of 4. I sure hope the installer isn't going to take my H3 away :eek

• Haha
Reactions: pattykay
I like to use as little Dish equipment as possible, especially if I have to rent that equipment from Dish, no matter how many tvs I have. I have four displays: a projector in the den, and tvs in the master bedroom, computer room and second bedroom.
The master bedroom has the Hopper. The projector run is from the Joey to a switch and then on through my a/v receiver. Rather than have other Joey's going to the second bedroom and computer room, I use the hdmi switch and just run long hdmi cables from the switch to the tvs (I guess it is actually a three port splitter and not a switch).

I know you have to run the cables through the walls but that is not really a problem, at least in my house. I also know everything running off the Joey to the splitter has to have the same program showing but that is not a problem either, again, at least not in my household although I can see the problem where there may be different people wanting to watch different shows.

I just try to avoid as many Dish components as possible.

Reactions: pattykay
All I had to do was chat with a CSR and they set me up with the Hopper 3. But there was a one time fee for going with the 3 over Duo when you only have 2 tv’s. I tried the CSR roulette and no one would budge from it.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)