New shows that are not new..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

papalittle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Some old corn field, United States
Why does Dish allow shows to be listed as new shows and even show today's date as original air date when they are not. I recorded Holmes on Homes since it said NEW in the guilde and it was a repeat showing original air date as today but it was a repeat from earlier this year and same with Auction Hunters. Pisses me off to rush home to watch what I was think was a new episode only to find it is a repeat.

Why do you say it's the fault of Dish? It's the provider of the guide info or sometimes even the network. They listed many shows as new last week such as People's Court also. I noticed it listed the same way for Charter Cable too. How can Dish verify each and every show as being listed correctly?

Our guide information is supplied by Tribune Media. If there is a discrepency with your guide, please PM the channel and program information and I can forward the information. Thanks!

Blame Tribune for their mediocre guide data
And blame DISH for not using someone else ;)

Actually .. dish could have someone employed that oversees the data, does spot checking.. etc.. and the problem is getting the complaint to that person for corrections in a timely fashion..

And blame DISH for not using someone else ;)

Actually .. dish could have someone employed that oversees the data, does spot checking.. etc.. and the problem is getting the complaint to that person for corrections in a timely fashion..
How do you know they don't but think how many chs they carry. Ask DodgerKing if D* has as much trouble since thy use Trib too.

I've recently been having problems with programs (games) taping twice or more! That is a pain as I don't know why it would do that.

I assume you are watching Holmes on Homes on DIY. All the original airings of H on H were on HGTV. They are new to DIY.

But as others have stated, it's Tribune Media Services who flag the episodes. If an air date is listed as N/A, it will record so that you won't miss an episode.

Just for information purposes on my 722k it seems like all the Holmes on Holmes are old.The new series is Holmes Inspection.

DIY is showing old H on H at 7PM daily. But in the guide they are listed as new since they are new to DIY. HI on HGTV has been replaced by American Handyman at 9pm Sundays, for now. When HI first started on HGTV, Tribune Media would flag the 9 PM showing as New but the midnight repeat was given the original air date in Canada. As a result my 722 did not see the latter showing as a repeat and would also record that.

It would take Dish to actually call each and every network, go over each and every show, and IF they actually got the right answer, then know if a listing is correct. By the way, that would have to be after it is in the guide because changes are made sometimes a day or two before airing. Not on the big networks, but often on Bravo and others. Also, why is it assumed the information given to the guide provider is correct? No doubt the provider makes some mistakes, but how often is it not their fault?

If changing providers is an answer, and it would improve, I don't know that for a fact but is possible. But to suggest Dish (Or Direct etc....) can actually contact, every week or so every network about every show is not being realistic even that they will get the correct answer.

I know one first hand account of this. I was in the Regis and Kelly audience for an advance taping. I was told when it would air, and it showed when they said it would. Showed in the guide that is, but it was a different show that actually aired, because (as I found out after writing them) the guest of the show that aired had become popular in the news (Anderson Cooper) so they wanted it to air. That's just one example of why the guide may be out of the control of Dish for sure, and sometimes even the guide provider. I have seen this with reruns of David Letterman also where coincidentally the show in the guide is not shown, but a show with a now popular guest or one in the news is.

Last edited:
It would take Dish to actually call each and every network, go over each and every show, and IF they actually got the right answer, then know if a listing is correct. By the way, that would have to be after it is in the guide ... <snipped>
well its not necessarily that they are reviewing everything.. but again that there is a person to contact that has support contacts at Tribune ..

I chat a Dish Tech ... and for all I know I could be speaking Mandarin ... because as soon as I'm off the phone or out of the chat, they've not done jack, to make contact with *that* person ... so that *that* person can contact support at tribune and request on behalf of customer TG2 that Tribune correct their Haven data..

Same with Dish IRT ... do THEY even have that contact person? I file the report with Dish IRT ...they what? send it up to some anonymous black box or black hole of inter-office messaging? does it ever do any good?

I don't know.. but I try .. in hopes that it will get where it needs to go.. so that Tribune fixes their crap ... and thus by friday my timer is updated with a new schedule and *NOT* recording the same episode twice... every week, for the next 52 weeks ... while we wait for someone at Tribune to actually realize they've got the wrong data..

THAT is the person I would hope for .. in a respective position of responsibility within dish ... and would dream of the days that a customer could easily enter such information in a web form ... oh maybe call it BugTracker ... so that they don't have to deal with Tech Chat or Phone calls to people at dish that just don't get *it* ... really beyond telling us to unplug our receivers those techs are useless. Oh wait.. they filter/slow down access to the tier 2 techs.. of which only some of them are just as useless..

DIY is showing old H on H at 7PM daily. But in the guide they are listed as new since they are new to DIY. HI on HGTV has been replaced by American Handyman at 9pm Sundays, for now. When HI first started on HGTV, Tribune Media would flag the 9 PM showing as New but the midnight repeat was given the original air date in Canada. As a result my 722 did not see the latter showing as a repeat and would also record that.

If that's happening then that's not right,after all new..means new.;)

I'm not having that issue on my 722k,but I also subscribe to AT120 so that might be why, as I do have the Holmes on Holmes timer still set up.

I would like to believe when you setup a timer it shows on top the channel it's on,so it seems it should not go recording a series on another channel,should it?.:confused:

Or it that a bug?.:sick:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)