New Slimline Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

urnote96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 24, 2004
In our meeting this morning, there is a memo sent down from Directv about the WNC new slimline dishes, I guess the first 17000 of these dishes, you will get a SFSS (searching for satellite signal) if you do not have WB68 hooked up. So anyone in the future that does not have a REV 1 OR REV B on their LNB (SLIMLINE) will get this unless they hook up the WB68.

So no matter how many RCVRS you have you need a WB68 on these 17000 dishes....

In our meeting this morning, there is a memo sent down from Directv about the WNC new slimline dishes, I guess the first 17000 of these dishes, you will get a SFSS (searching for satellite signal) if you do not have WB68 hooked up. So anyone in the future that does not have a REV 1 OR REV B on their LNB (SLIMLINE) will get this unless they hook up the WB68.

So no matter how many RCVRS you have you need a WB68 on these 17000 dishes....

What is a WB68?

What is a WB68?

The difference being, you would normally only need the multiswitch if you were using more than 4 line coming in, appearantly, there is a problem somewhere that is requiring you to use the multiswitch regardless , if this quote is correct.

Jimbo

I dont have a scanner so i will type what it says

"The WNC (Wistron) Slimline Intergrated KA/KU lNB's Model AU9 S/N ALL, excluding "REV.1 or REV B" REQUIRES A 6 * 8 WIDEBAND MULTISWITCH ON ALL INSTALLS, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF OUTLERS. This will insure all IRD's receiver the proper signal. THIS APPLIES ONLY TO WNC (WISTRON) NO OTHER MANUFACTURERS

There were approximately 17,000 units shipped.

Future versions of this LNB will not need the 6*8 wideband multi-switch. They will be labeled as "REV 1" or "REV B" to the of the S/N Bar code.

I dont have a scanner so i will type what it says

"The WNC (Wistron) Slimline Intergrated KA/KU lNB's Model AU9 S/N ALL, excluding "REV.1 or REV B" REQUIRES A 6 * 8 WIDEBAND MULTISWITCH ON ALL INSTALLS, REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF OUTLERS. This will insure all IRD's receiver the proper signal. THIS APPLIES ONLY TO WNC (WISTRON) NO OTHER MANUFACTURERS

There were approximately 17,000 units shipped.

Future versions of this LNB will not need the 6*8 wideband multi-switch. They will be labeled as "REV 1" or "REV B" to the of the S/N Bar code.
Forunatly (I think) I have a Cal 5 LNB, so I am presuming the trouble is ONLY with the WNC dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts