New software for 612

MIHotBear

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 3, 2010
Hazel Park, MI
I rebooted my 612 tonight and found that I have the latest upgrade (L643). So far all is well. It seems to match my 722k upstairs. Time will tell.

Thanks. None of my three have been upgraded yet but not sure I am really wanting it. They have been rock solid. (with a little help of a cooling fan and making sure they get rebooted each day)

Got my update and noticed a few things moved around (including CC), but otherwise seems stable. Hopefully this will make the freezes disappear, or at least reduce in frequency. (I've been hard-rebooting it because it locks-up/freezes probably 3 or 4 times a week lately).

I got the update last week and the first thing I noticed was the HD channels and HD recorded content is twice as loud as SD channels and recordings. Also I do like how it hides the SD channel when the HD channel is available.

The other three 612 receivers still did not get the update yet. Mine is a older one from 2008 as the other three are from 2011 which is why I probably got the update first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)