New software for 942 now spooling

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
02/09/2006: 1118 Software Version L2.84 for DVR 942
Effective Friday, February 10th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.84 for the DVR 942 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L2.84 will be the valid software version for the DVR 942.

Hope this fixes the problem with events not recording on satellite channels when the 942 has been left on an OTA channel. This problem still gets me from time to time.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Its not spooling yet. After it starts spooling Dish will send us the release notes. :)
What good are you, Scott? If you can't get the release notes from Dish BEFORE they are released, you are no better than DBS, and the Super Moderator. :rolleyes:
Tom in TX

I was asked not to post release notes until the software was released as the beta notes sometimes have features or fixes which may not make it to the final version.

Unlike other sites we post the actual release notes and not notes from beta builds.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I was asked not to post release notes until the software was released as the beta notes sometimes have features or fixes which may not make it to the final version.

Unlike other sites we post the actual release notes and not notes from beta builds.

And that is why I have become a dedicated SatelliteGuys follower. Too much bad or incorrect information on other sites. Good job Scott and everyone else at SatelliteGuys.

Right.
Also you should get tomorrow a packet with a MPEG-4 chip and some tool for upgrade your 942 mainboard. Basically the tool is chip replacing station, weight 2 tons :D. J/K - it's only 200 lbs.

That's probably a good thing since my 942 is working just hunkydory! Dish's forced 'features' sometimes make me :yikes

Any chance that I will get OTA guide data like my 921 without being subscribed to locals?

I still don't understand why they can do it with the 921 but not the 942.

This update is no longer listed on the Tech Portal.

I can only guess that someone in the QA department discovered that it didn't break anything, so they pulled it until that can be rectified.

LosingPatience said:

I can only guess that someone in the QA department discovered that it didn't break anything, so they pulled it until that can be rectified.

cold man....that's cold

LosingPatience said:

L2.84 is back on the list again for release today the 15th.

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/TechUpdates.shtml

02/14/2006: 1120 Software Version L2.84 for DVR 942

Effective Wednesday, February 15th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.84 for the DVR 942 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L2.84 will be the valid software version for the DVR 942.

Maybe they added IR on TV2 this time. :p

Can they remotely disable the ATSC tuner in the 942 like they can in the 622? As long as it can receive OTA programming without having to pay a $6 access fee, the 942 is probably all the receiver I would need. Those channels in the HD pack just aren't that interesting to me.

dlsnyder -
Just so you know, unless you subscribe to your locals package you won't receive program guide information for your OTA channels. Just something to think about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)