New Software for Hopper Receivers

The latest update turned off Caller ID and TV enhancements on both of my Hopper3 receivers. Trick play still works on all receivers. Netflix continues to work well on both Hopper3 receivers and Joey3 receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Hopper3 U939
Joey 3 U583

Did download this morning.
Have not tested anything yet.
Ha! bookworm370 was psychic!
Just got U939 last night and at least they didn't break the 6TB + 2TB double EHD feature. I still see both EHD's with 8TB total!
(This post was from the beginning of November in the sticky thread.)

Thanks for starting this thread, dweber! It saves me the trouble. Here are the rest of the new software versions that have been posted so far:
Hopper Duo's new software version is U992. The Application Software is AN459a. Checking the Available Joey Software versions shown on the Diagnostics screen against the chart provided by HipKat earlier in the thread gives us the following list of new Joey software:

W152 - WJ Access Point
W206 - WJ Access Point
U962 - Joey
U767 - Joey / Joey 2.0 / Wireless Joey
U865 - Super Joey
U670 - 4K Joey
U583 - Joey 3.0
Also, my sister's Wally has U827.

I nominate this thread to be the new sticky thread. And, as always:
Moderators: Please change the thread title to add the latest software versions for the other Hopper / Wally models as that information becomes available.
(Hey, it is worth a shot!)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
So, when Chad said December, he meant December of this year. Uh, HipKat, weren't you on my side in that bet?
Yeah, here it is:
IIRC, the Joey does not have the proper audio chip to handle Prime's audio - the app will never be on the Joey.

Through evolution and the risk of possibly losing money, I would wager this to be incorrect. I would even be willing to bet a pub membership on it.

Oh, you are on! To be clear, we are only talking about the current models of Joey, not any future ones that Dish may come up with, correct?

That is my thought. Although I have strong doubts about the older ones, as they are truly on the way out(just like the H1 and eventually the H2). I believe the 4K Joey and the J3. I have doubts on the 4k Joey for the same reason, but it can be included in the lists. The J3 I truly believe will eventually have it. How about a date? June-December timeline?

I don’t see a J4 coming anytime soon. Nothing on the radar except us talking about it, the economy doesn’t support it, and with Dish concentrating on SlingTV and Boost more and more, I doubt a J4 is in the foreseeable future. We can all be shocked, but currently it seems as realistic as a 16 tuner DVR coming out in 2016.

Okay, so if the Joey 3 does not have the Amazon Prime App by December 31, 2021 then I win?

I will buy you 2 years worth. Yes. Lol. This will be a fun year. I know we both are vested in this and will have a fun year.

I'll get in on that, too

Actually, I have to apologize, I made a mistake about the Prime app on Joeys. Amazon required that the Audio Output of the devices that host the app have Dlby Digital + and only the Hopper 3 has that.

I already knew that, which is why I was so quick to jump on that bet. Chad is betting that Amazon is suddenly going to change their mind and relax that policy, or that the Joey 3 somehow has Dolby Digital + capabilities that we are so far unaware of. ;)
So, how does this work? Do we each owe Chad a one-year pub membership?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)