New Software for the 301-010 receivers. ver 2.13

AppliedAggression

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Connecticut
I haven't seen this posted but according to the technical software page, Dish has finally updated some 301-010 receivers with their new software. This should be the software that includes 2 day guide information on hand, superdish support, search capabilities and more. Anyone have it and wish to comment?

nothing here, I think they just put there early before they actually released the software.

Ah, that makes sense since there are probably multiple versions of the 301, like one of the other ones got it very first, I think the 013 I believe.

skyboysea said:
I got 213 last Friday and there is no change from 210. No new guide, no superdish.
Then I should stop hoping for it. I've got P200 and do have the cached guide, SuperDish tuning, and the ability to hide locked channels from the guide.

I do wish I had the old Dish500 tuning screen that showed 119º and 110º on the screen at the same time. It would really help in aligning the dish.

JL

justalurker said:
skyboysea said:
I got 213 last Friday and there is no change from 210. No new guide, no superdish.
Then I should stop hoping for it. I've got P200 and do have the cached guide, SuperDish tuning, and the ability to hide locked channels from the guide.

I do wish I had the old Dish500 tuning screen that showed 119º and 110º on the screen at the same time. It would really help in aligning the dish.

JL

You have the 013 rev, and already have the new software. The software you have on that 301 is the one we're all hoping for for our 010 rev receivers.

Everyone that has a 301e (rev.010) that has not received the SuperDish software yet should know that we should be capable of receiving this SuperDish software since most other receivers have already gotten it. How come are these 301's are the last to get the SuperDish software?

I found at other place some info about current status of update FW for DP301e ( aka 010 )
- current range of serial numbers is '"29,513,888...34,748,887".
My is little high :(. When the range will cover other numbers ?

301 SW Build

Gents;210

I'm a little confused by all of this talk about the new software build for the 301. I have a 301 receiver (the sticker on the back of the unit says Reg. ID 010) but the software build I have is P210DEXXXXX (I forgot the last couple of digits). Is this the new software? If so, then I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed; I cannot see any difference between it and prior builds. The EPG still has to download and it is still VERY SLOW to do so. Also, I see no evidence at all that the guide is being stored or cached in some internal memory in the receiver; everytime I turn the receiver off it still has to download the guide, and every time I "scroll forward" in time about 4 hours it has to download that data as well. While I do have the ability to "scroll forward" into the next days programming guide (which I don't think I used to be able to do, now that I think about it) the feature is worthless because the reciever keeps stopping to download. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I have the new SW, then it pretty much sucks, except for whatever SuperDISH functionality it might have.

Ok, it seems they are releasing the software in batches. My 301e is being upgraded right now.

Re: 301 SW Build

fruit2k said:
Gents;210

I'm a little confused by all of this talk about the new software build for the 301. I have a 301 receiver (the sticker on the back of the unit says Reg. ID 010) but the software build I have is P210DEXXXXX (I forgot the last couple of digits). Is this the new software? If so, then I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed; I cannot see any difference between it and prior builds.

The software for 010 model is P213, the P210 for 013 model has 2day guide.

P213 for 301e has no SuperDish support, I have no clue how to test other features like 2day epg or search feature.

There's a big confusion going on. First there are 2 different types of 301 receivers. You can find out which yours is by finding a sticker on the back of the receiver.

Rev 010: Current software is 210 and 213, selected receivers are getting 213 right now, but it has been reported that 213 is not the same software as the 013 revs 200 software.

Rev 013: Current software is 200. Has Superdish support, 2 day cached guide and search feature.

Why are they waiting so long to get this to the 301e's while the other receivers already have the SuperDish software? I would have thought that all the 301's would have gotten the SuperDish software before the other ones, that there would not have been any issues with the 301's.

i have a 301 revision 10 and yesterday it upgraded to 213. i have no superdish support no 2day epg and no search funcition. i cant find any diffenerces

New version for 301 released today p2.14 (see dish software page). This has the upgrade we are waiting for!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)