new software, new glitches....

jct21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 26, 2018
kentucky
H3 went through the upgrade process this morning at 530am. says I now have U942. not sure what this does but the J3's software didn't change. I have noticed that I've had an awful lot of pixilation / blurred picture. noticed it happening on channel 209 msnbc, 200 cnn, & 185 hallmark. seems to happen every few minutes. tried rebooting & unplugging and that seemed to help. its not as frequent and I haven't noticed it at all on 209 since, but still happening on hallmark and cnn. had no problems yesterday or last night before bed. sunshine weather today also. dunno what could cause it but it seems funny it started after the software download.

any ideas??

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
H3 went through the upgrade process this morning at 530am. says I now have U942. not sure what this does but the J3's software didn't change. I have noticed that I've had an awful lot of pixilation / blurred picture. noticed it happening on channel 209 msnbc, 200 cnn, & 185 hallmark. seems to happen every few minutes. tried rebooting & unplugging and that seemed to help. its not as frequent and I haven't noticed it at all on 209 since, but still happening on hallmark and cnn. had no problems yesterday or last night before bed. sunshine weather today also. dunno what could cause it but it seems funny it started after the software download.

any ideas??
When was the last time dish alignment and signal check on the system was performed?
Power of the H3 for 1 minute then back on?

When was the last time dish alignment and signal check on the system was performed?
Power of the H3 for 1 minute then back on?

got the install this past black friday. dish came back out about a week before christmas and reset the dish pole. somehow the cement didn't hold properly and the pole wiggled easily. now its rock solid. signal strength now varies from mid 60's to as high as 77. the tech said that dish never fixed the software the H3 and 50 was really the max and the fact that it was getting high numbers like that was an excellent alignment. not sure if the signal maxing out at 50 is true or not. thats just what i was told. i unplugged it for about 5 minutes before plugging back in.

I'll just have to say it: "It seems ironic that a 942 is an upgrade from a Hopper 3." :biggrin
(Okay, I guess that's the last one of those I'll do for awhile. That was the highest three-digit model number for any old Dish receiver, as far as I know. Now, if Dish starts doing four-digit software version numbers soon...)
;)

thought I might troubleshoot a bit and check the connections to the H3, & the splitter under my floor. they were tight. so I took off the lnb to make sure the coax was attached tightly. it was wiggle loose. didn't come apart when pulled but I was able to tighten it a few turns. perhaps that was the cause of the pixilation problems on those channels earlier. hopefully that's all it was. wife has been watching hallmark for the last half hour or so and no issues yet.

Good Grief! Let's hope this fixes the "Pause" button causes a "Skip Forward." That's biggest non-fix from the last update, which seems like yesterday. I hope this update is not for just adding apps or changing the apps icon image.

Good Grief! Let's hope this fixes the "Pause" button causes a "Skip Forward." That's biggest non-fix from the last update, which seems like yesterday. I hope this update is not for just adding apps or changing the apps icon image.
No such update on the Hopper Duo yet, at least not for me. Maybe this "fix" (whatever it is) is only for the Hopper 3? I tried forcing the update (Diagnostics > Tools) on my leased Hopper Duo, which had been completely unhooked since mid-January, shortly after the last update. It went through the motions as if it were doing a software update. However, after it completed, the Diagnostics screen still showed the U994 update from January 13. It did update the Application Software version to AN464, but I did not see any actual updates in any of the Apps that I normally check. Going back to Tools and selecting Upgrade Software now brings up the pop-up, stating that U994 is the most recent version. As others have noted, none of the Available Joey Software versions changed, either.

Just got my H3s network "stabilized" and thank goodness this update hasn't affected anything . . . so far.

I have the MoCA indicator on all the time and it's been 4 Bars and Bright Green.

Hey! .

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)