NEW software on Wally?

Didn’t they say it was on a date in this month in the VIP Retirement thread?
January 16 for new activations. No word yet on eliminating existing ViP's that are still in use. Heck, there are still MPEG-2 8PSK receivers that are still in use on Western Arc, and there has been no word about eliminating them yet, either.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
January 16 for new activations. No word yet on eliminating existing ViP's that are still in use. Heck, there are still MPEG-2 8PSK receivers that are still in use on Western Arc, and there has been no word about eliminating them yet, either.

That's a good point, we might still have a couple more years of use left in the ViP receivers.

Reactions: pattykay
Those are only under a passive migration, ie. You have issues and need a truck roll, they'll want you to migrate to a newer receiver

Those are only under a passive migration, ie. You have issues and need a truck roll, they'll want you to migrate to a newer receiver
I'll just need a mailed replacement. After a few years, since I just had mine replaced last year. :)

Even though it will work, they won't allow it
And I think I know why. The Wally has the new CUI, the 211 has the old. There is no chance that the 211 will get firmware to give it the new CUI. So, you mix the receivers in a home setup and you have two completely different interfaces. They don't work the same and it will confuse a ton of people....

Reactions: MikeD-C05
And I think I know why. The Wally has the new CUI, the 211 has the old. There is no chance that the 211 will get firmware to give it the new CUI. So, you mix the receivers in a home setup and you have two completely different interfaces. They don't work the same and it will confuse a ton of people....
Yes my Wally is impossible to operate like my 211K. Of course that is why I added the Wally so I could learn how to use the CUI.

tomorrow is the day the vip 211ks and 211z and 222 and 722k are being retired and you won't able to activate them on the 15th starting tomorrow and after that date they will not work after that so you will have to upgrade to either the wally, or the hopper 3 and or the new hopper duo that is being released tomorrow.

tomorrow is the day the vip 211ks and 211z and 222 and 722k are being retired and you won't able to activate them on the 15th starting tomorrow and after that date they will not work after that so you will have to upgrade to either the wally, or the hopper 3 and or the new hopper duo that is being released tomorrow.
Okay, there is so much wrong with that, that I don't even know why I am bothering to respond, but here goes. No official cut-off date has been announced for ViP211k/ViP211z activation. Even the other models that are being retired will continue to work after January 15, as long as they were activated before or on January 15. Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 are also still available, both as upgrade options and also for new customers. I think that about covers it.

Okay, there is so much wrong with that, that I don't even know why I am bothering to respond, but here goes. No official cut-off date has been announced for ViP211k/ViP211z activation. Even the other models that are being retired will continue to work after January 15, as long as they were activated before or on January 15. Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 are also still available, both as upgrade options and also for new customers. I think that about covers it.

You forgot to mention that the Wally is not an upgrade for any of those receivers he listed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)