NEW software on Wally?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And a downgrade from the k.
Depends what you're preference are. If you want a modern interface with internet related apps and the voice remote, then you may like a Wally better. If you want the things thaty you've come to appreciate with a 211K, then you'd rather have that

Reactions: pattykay
You can be recording one satellite channel and watching another with a Wally, you can't do that with a 211 of any kind... ;)
...unless one is SAT and the other is OTA. But I digress...

And a downgrade from the k.
It depends on whether you have the dual-tuner OTA adapter to go with the Wally. In that case, I find the Wally to be better because of the two satellite tuners and two OTA tuners. Apps and VOD are also nice additions with the Wally, compared to the ViP211k. I have three ViP211k's, and I deactivated and disconnected two of them and replaced them with two Wally. I do keep the other ViP211k (also deactivated) hooked up though, because it still works for watching free preview channels and OTA channels, and I like the way ViP receivers scan OTA better than the way receivers with the new interface do. :)

With the recent software release dual tuner functionality has been launched on Wally.
This will not impact customers unless they have an external hard drive.

With an EHD they can record one show and watch another simultaneously.

This will work when the Wally is connected to a DPP LNBF or a DPH 42 switch.

When using a DP LNBF or a DP switch Wally will operate as a single tuner.

What Dish antenna uses DDP LNBF or DPH 42 switch?

I guess what I would like to know is: I have a Wally receiver, with an external hard drive, and a Dish Tailgater, If I buy a Winegard Pathway X2, will the Wally be able to record one channel while I am watching another?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)