New Software Release 1/13

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK, every night at midnite, your guide loses a day and needs to d/l a fresh guide to add the 9th day back on, which is how far ahead you can scroll. Up til now, it happened whenever it happened. Or. sometimes, you'll see that channels in the Guide say "No Information." The Customer had no control over when the Program Guide would update. Now, with the Update Guide button, you can do it yourself, as needed.

That's it. There's no new bells or whistles beyond that
Thank You for, finally, setting it straight. I was waiting for someone to say it. While it is a nice new feature that allows personal control, for a long time now, I have noticed "Guide Update" in the TV Status using a tuner for a short period a few times in one day at various times of day and night. As someone who goes as far as the guide will take me to look for shows to record, I can see myself using this new feature to be certain I have as much EPG data as possible before I begin my search.

That is the only explanation I can think of. Something messed up her service address and it switched her locals. Just call and get them switched back.
Tried the woman whom couldn't speak very well in English said it showed the correct zip code and then said they couldn't do anything more because of the truck roll tomorrow.
Sounds pretty silly to me, I certainly don't remember that being an issue in the past.
I just didn't get lucky and get a US call center.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I have noticed "Guide Update" in the TV Status using a tuner for a short period a few times in one day at various times of day and night.
That "Guide Update" (and "Software Update" is another one) on the TV Activity screen tying up a tuner is particularly annoying on a Hopper Duo. Whenever this happens, it completely blocks the ability to use PIP. Sometimes, you can back out of the TV Activity screen, try to use PIP again, and it will work. (It may take more than two attempts.) However, other times there is no way to clear this supposed "update" from the TV Activity screen unless you reboot the Hopper Duo. Hopefully, giving the user more control over when the guide updates happen will also fix this really annoying issue for good.

said they couldn't do anything more because of the truck roll tomorrow.
Sounds pretty silly to me, I certainly don't remember that being an issue in the past.
That is pretty standard procedure these days. They don't allow any programming (or equipment) changes to be made to the account while an installation (or troubleshooting tech visit) is pending. It has been that way for at least a few years now. I suppose you could have tried cancelling the tech visit, and then you could have made programming changes after that.

I just didn't get lucky and get a US call center.
Luck has nothing to do with it. Use the Loyalty Department phone number: 1-888-496-1260
That way, you will always get a US call center.

Reactions: HipKat
That is pretty standard procedure these days. They don't allow any programming (or equipment) changes to be made to the account while an installation (or troubleshooting tech visit) is pending. It has been that way for at least a few years now. I suppose you could have tried cancelling the tech visit, and then you could have made programming changes after that.
Just to be clear, they can't make any changes while there's an open work order

The Drift this is just a bug, not to worry. As for the apps, they've been problematic since day 1. If they had never added those streaming apps, a lot less problems would be reported on the Hoppers/Wallys

Yah I agree, but I started using the dish verison of netflix and Amazon prime do to to many problem happen with Roku OS when using streaming on there TV. which alot less of problem for me then using Dish verison of the apps.

Personal I so done with with whole house DvR crap too I want dish to bring back solo box dvr with 4-6 tuners and realistic price not this 15$ a box, even spectrum offer solo box box that do 4k and 6 tuner at 6$ a box, I been trying very hard to stay with dish but if I dont keep on dish with promo ever 3-6month my dish bill is well over 200$ with all the promo i that I have to keep reaplying it 150$,

I could get triple play from spectrum with same channels and same amount box and pay 220$ 3 things with out promos, which would still come out to less then i paying dish.

Dish is not as cheap as they claim to be and most cheap prices only apply to "new" people you have argue with dish threaten drop them to get better prices and that with 20+ year customer.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Yah I agree, but I started using the dish verison of netflix and Amazon prime do to to many problem happen with Roku OS when using streaming on there TV. which alot less of problem for me then using Dish verison of the apps.

Personal I so done with with whole house DvR crap too I want dish to bring back solo box dvr with 4-6 tuners and realistic price not this 15$ a box, even spectrum offer solo box box that do 4k and 6 tuner at 6$ a box, I been trying very hard to stay with dish but if I dont keep on dish with promo ever 3-6month my dish bill is well over 200$ with all the promo i that I have to keep reaplying it 150$,

I could get triple play from spectrum with same channels and same amount box and pay 220$ 3 things with out promos, which would still come out to less then i paying dish.

Dish is not as cheap as they claim to be and most cheap prices only apply to "new" people you have argue with dish threaten drop them to get better prices and that with 20+ year customer.
If you are that disillusioned with DISH I would suggest that you do what your heart is saying and cancel it and go to Spectrum.

If you are that disillusioned with DISH I would suggest that you do what your heart is saying and cancel it and go to Spectrum.

I would of if I didnt have to explain how to use the new box and remotes to people, cause lack brains and common sense. they barely understand the dish stuff after all this time, other wise I would of

Moment I cant keep my bill under $150 any more and it becomes $200+ is moment I will drop, and tell everyone to deal with

Hopper tech is really nice and I think one of the best boxes hardware wise, but rather bad software imo. "Jack of all Trades" master of none comes to mind.

Luck has nothing to do with it. Use the Loyalty Department phone number: 1-888-496-1260
You could just say you can't understand the person and ask for another rep.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've been with Dish for nearly 15 years so I'm not "new". I have 2 Wallys with DVR. Each has 2 sat tuners and, with AirTV adaptors, 2 OTA tuners. I get all the programming I want or need from Dish and my bill is $59.40 with all fees and taxes. Seems cheap to me.

I used to be a tech - I know the secrets on how to get to a US call center but still though it was ignorant the whole situation.
They ended up sending a Sup and a guy out this morning, I told my dad exactly what to tell them yet they ignored it first hand dropped a new drop 100+ feet over the ground thinking a mole had chewed the wire lol nooo it was not. They finally saw that it was a zip code error on the programming side after making a call and screwed up all the old wiring and told my dad they would send someone back when ground wasn't frozen (IT IS NOT FROZEN) to bury new line.... I swear to christ that is why I got out of that work cause they are just to stupid to listen.

I used to be a tech - I know the secrets on how to get to a US call center but still though it was ignorant the whole situation.
They ended up sending a Sup and a guy out this morning, I told my dad exactly what to tell them yet they ignored it first hand dropped a new drop 100+ feet over the ground thinking a mole had chewed the wire lol nooo it was not. They finally saw that it was a zip code error on the programming side after making a call and screwed up all the old wiring and told my dad they would send someone back when ground wasn't frozen (IT IS NOT FROZEN) to bury new line.... I swear to christ that is why I got out of that work cause they are just to stupid to listen.
Wait, so it WAS a Zip Code issue?? And the original Tech will get dinged for a TC because of another CSR in a call center that was never trained properly or unable to think outside the script??

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Spectrum tried that when I was having Internet issues. They told my wife that the buried cable was not the 'right' one and wanted to lay a new cable over the grass and punch another hole into the house. I told her and him (loudly over the phone while I was driving to one of our sites in Florida) that there was nothing wrong with the cable. Did he try changing out the modem?

He said no, he was sure it was the cable. I told him get a new modem out of the truck, I'll wait, and swap it out. He did and, as if by magic, the Internet came right up and has been stable ever since.

Some of these techs, I swear, they hire from the shelf stockers at the local supermarket!

When I finally had access to cable Internet a couple of years ago and had it run into the house the tech insisted the modem and the router I had wouldn't work, he needed to install their (cheap rental junk) equipment. I said "Humor me." He did, it worked (and still does).

Wait, so it WAS a Zip Code issue?? And the original Tech will get dinged for a TC because of another CSR in a call center that was never trained properly or unable to think outside the script??

Yep the CSR said it was correct but I knew it wasn't. The CSR just insisted when I called that they couldn't touch the account because of a truck roll. My mom clearly told them that night before it worked fine was watching one minute then gone. She clearly had some other locations locals. Both CSR's she and I got were NOT in the US so they do not understand what you are trying to tell them. So yes the tech got dinged at no fault of their own not once, not twice but three times.
VIASAT the crap unit that runs this region will not only keep the TC on the tech, it will likely drop his pay down a few months and prob didn't pay him for that job although he was there for over 4 hours.
In reality I told my dad it shouldn't have taken him 1.5 hours tops to upgrade and be gone. Had he not had to listen to my mom yap for starters which was their fault but a good tech knows how to shut a customer down in a nice way to get out of dodge.

LNB, change diplex out for the hopper check a few connectors outside, replace 722 with hopper3 and put the joey in and that should have been it...off he goes. Everything was completely upgraded a year or so ago with all new burial cable and everything I did for them.
I don't think the tech was skilled much but he did a good job. They made him put a stupid ass sound bar that again my parents were NOT going to buy and he told him not to bring it in yet he had to and had to take a photo of it. I mean how damn stupid is that?? If the customer says no when you just do a quick ask then no it is and go on your way. They shouldn't have to sell, plug over priced crap to people..installers are installers not sellers.

Reactions: HipKat
I've been with Dish for nearly 15 years so I'm not "new". I have 2 Wallys with DVR. Each has 2 sat tuners and, with AirTV adaptors, 2 OTA tuners. I get all the programming I want or need from Dish and my bill is $59.40 with all fees and taxes. Seems cheap to me.

The 250 package is 115$ at this point so unless you using lowest tier packages and no addons I dont see how

Hardware wise I pay 44$ for 2 hopper 3 and 2 4k joey, but the bulk of cost is from the 250 package that 115$ another 25.99 in addon packages that are normal 40.99 but i have starz/showtime and movie package at half off that I keep promos on. + another 10 for gold protect, I also have 40$ off each month for 2 years.

If i let these all go off with no promo it balloons up to 200$ +

I have the 2 Wallys and the Flex Pack with 2 add-ons. That's all I need. Here's what I don't understand, you have 4 pieces of higher priced hardware and the 250 package along with all those add-ons plus the gold protection and you don't understand why your bill is so high? Seems fairly evident to me.

The 250 package is 115$ at this point so unless you using lowest tier packages and no addons I dont see how

Hardware wise I pay 44$ for 2 hopper 3 and 2 4k joey, but the bulk of cost is from the 250 package that 115$ another 25.99 in addon packages that are normal 40.99 but i have starz/showtime and movie package at half off that I keep promos on. + another 10 for gold protect, I also have 40$ off each month for 2 years.

If i let these all go off with no promo it balloons up to 200$ +
Gold Protection is a waste of money, but you said $10.00 which is the cost of the Silver Protect. Gold is $12.99. 2 Hopper 3's is a waste of money too, in my opinion, but I assume you have your own as to why you needed a 2nd one. 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys would drop your bill $8.00 a month before any additional discounts.
4K joeys are the same monthly, but also a waste of $100 since they don't support HDR.
I don't know where you're saving money, that $40.00 because the only places I can see that is if they waved DVR fee and gave you a discount on your packaging, bringing it under $115. Either way, you're definitely spending way too much, IMO

Reactions: joewhite57
Don't tell tsunami2311, but I get all of the Dish programming and equipment I want or need for only $15 per month. :shh
(Locals Only core package for $15, with a ViP222k hooked up to two TV's with no monthly fee.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts