New Software Update for 811 and 2800 receivers.

goaliebob99 said:
Readiness for Echo X due to launch next year
Why would they need to update software for that? and why now?

Possibly it has to do the the QPSK with turbo coding fix mentioned above?

Oh boy, I'm not loading P3.32 on mine. My 811 is on "ASK before downloading" now. I've only had this 811 for about a month and haven't had any problems with P3.30. I suggest you go to 6,1,2 in the menu and select "Ask before downloading" if you haven't done it yet.

Looks like there is a problem with this software upgrade:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=48666

Edit: Updated link.

Well, that's a good thing that they can revert a screwed up software update. They usually go in phases rolling out new software updates to control the amount of "damaged" to customer's receivers.

From the Tech Portal and I already announced by Scott:

12/2/2005: 1114 Software Version P3.32 for DP811

Effective Thursday, December 1st, Engineering has removed software version P3.32 for the DP811 receiver and has spooled software version P3.30. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P3.30 will be valid software versions for the DP811.

Another F*cked-up software release from E*, gee I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

They need to axe those responsible and hire a software manager that actually understands the terms "QC" and "Beta testing"! :mad:

NightRyder

V's W's ... that's and old and current with 3.30 problem. UNPLUG the receiver, wait 15 seconds and plug back in. Should be ok. It is a memory crash.

At least they put the lid on this one quickly. :D E*, put your best guys on this and git-r-done. If you can't make the 811's take a reliable download, swap us all out with 211's. I have to assume that they will do 8PSK and E10 out of the box, along with MPEG-4.

"If you can't make the 811's take a reliable download, swap us all out with 211's."

I second that but maybe they shouldn't put their best guys to get it done. :D

L3.33 for DP811 is spooling again.

12/12/2005: 1320 Software Version L3.33 for DP811

Effective Tuesday, December 13th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L3.33 for the DP811 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L3.30 and L3.33 will be valid software versions for the DP811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts