New Software Update for 811 and 2800 receivers.

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
From the Tech Portal:

11/30/2005: 1818 Software Version 8.51P for 2800
Effective Thursday, December 1st, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version 8.51P for the 2800 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time 8.34P and 8.51P will be valid software versions for the 2800.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
11/30/2005: 1816 Software Version P3.32 for DP811
Effective Thursday, December 1st, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version P3.32 for the DP811 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time P3.30 and P3.32 will be valid software versions for the DP811.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you go to SysInfo (Press Menu twice), you'll see the version you currently have. Keep in mind that these software releases are going only to selected receivers (Partial Phase). Once they feel the software is stable (don't get too many calls) they make the final release to all receivers.

Bernie Lomax said:
It gets updated automatically?

Depends. In your setup under System Upgrades, there are two settings:

"Without my permission" or "Ask before downloading". If you have without my permission it will do it automatically for you.

Thanks for the "heads up". I made sure my 811 was on "Ask" today. I'll let someone else take the point on this one.

My 811 is at P332, and it is acting badly. I've been having no problems lately, but the Program Guide only displays an hour or so of data...the rest is No info. Also, been getting lots of pixelating, audio drops, picture freezes on HD channels.

What was this release suppose to fix? It's actually very frustrating to watch anything right now. :(

Hope Dish resolves this new release's problems soon (or go back to P330).

Here are the release notes courtesy of Jason Nipp at DBSTalk
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=480861

Software Version P3.32 for DP811
  • Turbo QPSK performance enhancement
  • Readiness for Echo X due to launch next year
  • Blackout pop up rewording and other fixes to graphics
  • Guide performance corrections for most "No Info" cases
  • Miscellaneous minor fixes (Maintenance)

Hmm, sounds like the upgrades still need some tweaking to get them functioning correctly...at least on my 811.

Sounds like great enhancements to put out...they just need a little polishing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)