New software update for the 522 and 625 receivers.

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
From the Tech. Portal:

12/05/2005: 1401 Software Version L2.56 for DVR625

Effective Tuesday, December 6th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L2.56 for the DVR625 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L2.55 and L2.56 will be valid software versions for the DVR625.

12/05/2005: 1400 Software Version L2.56 for DVR522
Effective Tuesday, December 6th, Engineering plans to spool a PARTIAL PHASE of software version L2.56 for the DVR522 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.
At this time L2.55 and L2.56 will be valid software versions for the DVR522

Any word on what this breaks or fixes? I'm hoping it addresses audio glitches but it may be the support for USB media.

Pepper said:
Any word on what this breaks or fixes? I'm hoping it addresses audio glitches but it may be the support for USB media.

Yeah, I hope so too. Also I hope they did the promised feature with the "Delete Event History". They were talking about that in the last Tech Chat.
The audio drops on mine are only happening on recordings and only on the digital audio output hooked up to the A/V receiver. I never had audio drop-outs in coax mode. Weird, isn't it?

oh yeah, I had forgotten about "Delete Event History" - now I remember there was also a "edit name of recorded event" feature shown on the Tech Chat.

Also I wonder how customers which are not that technically inclined, supposed to understand what the heck has changed over night. If there's changes in the menu and such, it won't match their Manual anymore, and they might not know what happened. I wish E* would inform customers better about the software changes, like on their website and such. Not everybody knows how to get to the Tech Portal. Put it on the front page under "News" about what changed.:)

Not a big deal I guess, NO dish receiver ever matches what's in the manual :)

When name-based recording went out they spooled a short informational video about it, they always have that option available (on the DVRs anyway)

I have been very pissed about the audio glitch on playback of my 625 since the first week or so. I will have to try switching the audio out and see if I can get better playback.

I have an open trouble call with DISH on this topic, I hope they roll the upgrade out to us that have complained ASAP.

Joe

ralfyguy said:
Yeah, I hope so too. Also I hope they did the promised feature
with the "Delete Event History". They were talking about that in the last Tech Chat.
The audio drops on mine are only happening on recordings and only on the digital audio output hooked up to the A/V receiver. I never had audio drop-outs in coax mode. Weird, isn't it?

Technojunky said:
I have been very pissed about the audio glitch on playback of my 625 since the first week or so. I will have to try switching the audio out and see if I can get better playback.
I have an open trouble call with DISH on this topic, I hope they roll the upgrade out to us that have complained ASAP.
Joe

Which audio out are you using? I use the optical out. The sound is great, except for the glitches.