New Software Version 7.33 downloading now...

riffjim4069 said:
7.33 is showing Parsed PSIP Data when aiming OTA antenna. I'm not sure if this information was available with 7.26 - at least I didn't see it.
Yeah and guess what? If you have an HD station that doesnt have it or have it right better not do a rescan or its GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR. POS programming! Sorry but thats just fkn ridiculous. WTVZ_HD 33.2 (the WB) out of Norfolk, VA is gone on one of my recievers, glad I didnt rescan on the other one.

Someone needs to start a thread warning people NOT to do a rescan or they may LOSE channels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it's not gone, but just hidden. Check the list of hidden OTA channels - see if it's there.

Ilya said:
Perhaps it's not gone, but just hidden. Check the list of hidden OTA channels - see if it's there.
Its gone. Luckily its gone on the reciever used for the analog tv and not the one i use for the HD set. But that one hasnt downloaded 7.33 yet the other one has. Their HD channel hasnt had program guide info on it since it started(33.2) its only shown on the SD channel (33.1). But its ridiculous not to scan in all available digital channels. You are asking for trouble relying on this PSIP data.There is now a whole new issue for customers to complain about .. CONGRATS VOOM!

So, that station is not part of your DMA?

Ilya said:
So, that station is not part of your DMA?
That station is part of my DMA, its 19 miles away. Always has been. The problem is apparently the Voom reciever no longer scans in every available digital channel. Check out the DMA for 23601 area code.

If it's part of the DMA, then PSIP should not matter. It should stay in the list even if it doesn't scan in. However, there is a new feature (starting with 7.26, I believe) that the box automatically hides channels that it can't scan in, at least in certain cases. This is done in order to support Super-DMA's. I remember when I got the 7.26 update, a couple of my channels disappeared from the list. But then I went to the channel list menu and found that they were simply hidden. That's why I asked if they are just hidden in your case.

If the station is gone completely, it must have been removed (by VOOM) from your OTA channel map (DMA). Perhaps Sean can straighten this out...

Ilya said:
If it's part of the DMA, then PSIP should not matter. It should stay in the list even if it doesn't scan in. However, there is a new feature (starting with 7.26, I believe) that the box automatically hides channels that it can't scan in, at least in certain cases. This is done in order to support Super-DMA's. I remember when I got the 7.26 update, a couple of my channels disappeared from the list. But then I went to the channel list menu and found that they were simply hidden. That's why I asked if they are just hidden in your case.

If the station is gone completely, it must have been removed (by VOOM) from your OTA channel map (DMA). Perhaps Sean can straighten this out...
Let me do a rescan on that box. Its possible the channel could have been off the air at that moment. Possible but unlikely.

well its back now along with 5 additional channels. My CBS station has 5 subchannels with 3 of them off the air. Remnants of the SD final four basketball fiasco. The reciever didnt pick them up the first time or the second WB channel. It must have missed another one too. I suppose it didnt read the map correctly during the first scan. Still the program data is on 33.1 and not 33.2.

Good! Let us know if you see anything else unusual...

My first box was upgraded on Monday night. My second one still is not targetted here on Tuesday. Does anyone know the timeframe for getting all the boxes upgraded ?

Lucky said:
My first box was upgraded on Monday night. My second one still is not targetted here on Tuesday. Does anyone know the timeframe for getting all the boxes upgraded ?

Ilya posted:

Ilya said:
7.33 has been pushed to about 15% of customers. Everyone else is expected to have it by tomorrow.

Have had 7.33 for awhile and Caller ID works just fine. However, still having numerous lockups (at least for us). I'd say about every 3rd time we turn it on-turnon lockup or it locks up on one channel after being on for a while or we only get random channels. All these problems are fixed by a power button reset. And, yes, the PG data downloads much faster now <10'. Funny though as this is how long it took back in the "good ole days" last spring.

Still watching HDTV under windy cloudy (rain promised) Seattle skies, Gill

Has anyone had a problem of the PG not updating at all? Both of my boxes were upgraded 6 hours ago, and neither has gotten any info on the PG.

My box downloaded the program update and rebooted at 1:40 AM. At 4:15 AM it didn't have any PG info. I rebooted (power button held in for 15 seconds) and when the box turned on again it was on the same channel that I had it on when I did the reboot, so it DIDN'T change to channel 100 after the reboot. The PG info showed up in 8 minutes. I was changing channels like crazy and the PG info just showed up. Cool, you don't need to lock the remote away after the reboot anymore. I did a new channel scan and picked up 2 new subchannels but lost one channel that had 4 subchannels. The one channel may be off the air at the moment. In my 15 minute run through the box behaved better than before. I may hook up the phone line again tonight to see if the box lockup problem still occurs if the phone line is plugged in. So far I am happy with this software release.

I havent had time to run my phone cables yet to the boxes. Any idea when/with what software release the phoneline will be necessary?

At least one of my boxes got the update last night/this morning. It locked up first and when my wife reset it, it started the dl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)