New Software Version 7.33 downloading now...

Smiley79 said:
Has anyone had a problem of the PG not updating at all? Both of my boxes were upgraded 6 hours ago, and neither has gotten any info on the PG.

I still don't have PG data and my Boxes were updated last night.

How do you force the PG to come down?? (Other than Rebooting I have only done that on one other STB and that didn't seem to work)

dlayphoto,

Try going to the installer menu and choose Verify Voom (It's Something Like That). When I did this this morning, I got the guide rather quickly.

Threv said:
I still don't have PG data and my Boxes were updated last night.

How do you force the PG to come down?? (Other than Rebooting I have only done that on one other STB and that didn't seem to work)

I had to reboot (hold Power button in for 10 seconds) both of my boxes for the PG to come up (even though it still took an hour for one box and 30 minutes for the other to show the PG info).

dlayphoto,

Try going to the installer menu and choose Verify Voom (It's Something Like That). When I did this this morning, I got the guide rather quickly.

I got the update last night, tried to see if the Caller ID function worked and it failed. Am I doing something wrong. And before I get the obvious answers: Yes, I have the Caller ID function from the phone company (w/call waiting id)....Yes, I turned it on via the voom box.

Could the problem be that I am using a phone filter due to my DSL?

Both of my boxes took the download last night.

HT stb: Was sitting on channel 100 at 3:59 AM when a recording started and there was no guide info. When I checked it this morning at 10:00 AM, still no guide info so I reset it and after it sat for 30 minutes powered off, it only goes out 21 hours.

Family room stb: Green light was on, I turned on the TV and there was no picture and it would not respond to the remote. I reset it, it came back and had 7.33. I turned it off and let it sit 30 minutes, I just checked it and NO GUIDE DATA.

Yes, this is a great fix for the guide data, it works just as bad as it always has.

mkwillia said:
I got the update last night, tried to see if the Caller ID function worked and it failed. Am I doing something wrong. And before I get the obvious answers: Yes, I have the Caller ID function from the phone company (w/call waiting id)....Yes, I turned it on via the voom box.

Could the problem be that I am using a phone filter due to my DSL?

I found that the Caller Id function didn't work when I had the phone line going through a Surge suppressor. When I plugged it straight in it worked. Then the Box started locking up so I took it off. I have not tested it since the 7.33 update

OK, so where's the faster guide data? Both of my boxes have been off for an hour after a reset and they both stop at 7:30 AM tomorrow, this is worse than before.

I went home and Rebooted both my STB's. The Program Guide Came Back within 20 minutes. Still have not reconnectedthe Phone yet

DarrellP said:
OK, so where's the faster guide data? Both of my boxes have been off for an hour after a reset and they both stop at 7:30 AM tomorrow, this is worse than before.

I beleive the STB needs to be turned on in order to download the guide. Correct me if I'm wrong.

My didn't download at all while it was on, I had to shut it off.

Curse you, Red Baron, why am I blessed with all the Voom problems?

Lost Local Channel with 7.33 Update!!

I'm not sure when 7.33 hit my STBs....but I appear to be having the same problem that Vurbano had! I came home today to find one of my STBs has lost one of my local channels in Chicago (WGND-1 & WGND-2; 9-1 and 9-2, respectively). I called up VOOM CSR to find out why. The guy had me rescan the local channels. Although I did get more locals then I had before.....I still can't get the WGNDs. The CSR then asked for my zipcode. After doing a look up he confidently told me I can't get WGN because its an analog signal only. I told him his info is incorrect and that I am, in fact, WATCHING the digital WGND-1 on my other STB at that very moment. He told me that wasn't possible!!!!! Jeesh! Like a fool I let that pass for the moment because I was having problems with my other STB in that many channels could not be accessed due to some card error. I figured maybe I could get some headway there at least. The CSR had me reboot that other STB and....low and behold...I now can no longer get my WGND-1 local channel on that STB either!! :mad: Needless to say I was less than pleased with the CSR. He responded to this by saying that WGN probably stopped broadcasting at that moment! I've had these two locals non-stop for the past 10months since joining VOOM. There IS NO PROBLEM WITH WGN and no question that they are broadcasting digital 100%!!! The VOOM CSR is telling me there is nothing they can do!! This has GOT to be a problem with the 7.33 software.

Sean or Ilya....can either of you help!?!?!? WGN is a major channel for me to lose!!!

locals

i too have lost 2 of my locals, i live 20 miles from my locals. fox was replaced with another fox channel 60 miles away, from a different city! whats up with this? my antenna it pointing at 98 degrees and that new fox is coming from 298 degrees, how is that possible with a directional antenna?

My software updated today. If anything the program guide update is worse than ever. Prior to the update it would load in less than 30 minutes any time of day. Now it's been 2.5 hours and still nothing even after rebooting.

Also, has anyone else had problems with no signal on some of the channels? I've seen it on several, but most noticably on the Sci-Fi Channel (523). Occassionally I will get it, but over the past 2 or 3 days I usually get a No Signal message.

- jame

Sean,

I checked the local channels and saw that 9-1 and 9-2 (the ones I'm now missing) are both there and are not hidden. When I look at the PG I see that both channels show up and even have program info (the STB has been reset several times today...so this is recent downloaded info). I checked online for the RF # and is it is "19" for WGN in Chicago. I did a manual OTA Aim and the signal came in at 97 for RF "19". I then re-did the OTA scan. It paused at RF 19 but then continued right on by. What can possibly cause this local channel to be blown away today after having it for months and months with perfect reception?!? Since the STB is receiving a signal strength of "97" at an RF of "19" I don't get why it won't tune in. Any ideas?

once it shows a 97 and shows the station, do a save. I had the same problem in my local area. It dropped one station but I had to add it as it didn't pick it up on the original scan.