New Software Version 7.33 downloading now...

Robert Fritsky said:
Thanks Sean, then I will assume that if my OTA antenna can get receive it, then I should be able to see it. Sadly, that is not case for several channels down here. I will call a CSR.

Robert, can you post again channels that you are missing and location. Thanks.

I too have lost ota signal but mine is a bit different i have lost my CBS 10.1 before the update and it came back about a week later i called to cbs station and it was on there end. I also lost PBS before the update and its back now after the update?? I lost NBC before the update and its still lost?? I think atleast in my area it has to do with psip??

I have not had NBC since my install. It shows on the guide and has a discription but when I tune to it I get the No Signal..try later message. Other locals are fine. Had my first trouble last night. Was watching channel 261 and keyed in channel 5 and box froze. After reboot it did it again and again. If I use the guide to go to that channel its OK. I can only assume the new SW is causing this.

ota

sean,

i have lost abc and nbc also fox, but fox only came in on occasion. did a rescan and it doesnt even find them now! when i tune to them it says no signal. ive had these for months and now the update seems to have dumped them. i live in upstate ny just outside of syracuse where my locals are coming from

cidbozek said:
sean,

i have lost abc and nbc also fox, but fox only came in on occasion. did a rescan and it doesnt even find them now! when i tune to them it says no signal. ive had these for months and now the update seems to have dumped them. i live in upstate ny just outside of syracuse where my locals are coming from

Can you post here and answer the questions. Thanks.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=278408#post278408

I have had the same problem. Re boot and re scan. This should take care of the missing channel.

Sean Mota said:
Robert and everyone having problems like losing the signal to OTA channels only please post it on this thread... Sorry to ask you to do it once more but it will be better followed by the VOOM engineers.... Thank you.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=278408#post278408

Sorry Sean, am at work and do not have access to the receivers. From memory I know that channel 5, 25, and 29 are strong, am getting the guide, but not the picture. When I get home I will update fully.

Man!...I was going through these posts and I was thinking: If I was Joe Sixpack and do not do alot of web surfing, let alone, being a member of this Voom forum, I would be pretty peeved at all the rebooting, lockups, etc... over the past few years. I wonder how many calls Voom CSR gets for incidents like what we are seeing on this forum.

Since I am familiar with the Voom forum and check in occasionally, I know what to do. I also know that when the program guide is gone, and it only says "no info" my wife is not happy and when the wife is not happy, Voom may loose a customer. Luckily I can log on to this forum and find out what's going on and fix it so the wife can be happy again. Thank goodness for the Voom forum!

Voom is not alone, my Dish 6000 reboots itself at random and I have to reset it once in awhile, though it is not nearly as often as the Voom stb.

Whenever Dish releases a new stb, they go through the same growing pains until the software becomes stable. You should have had a PVR 501 in it's first 2 years, what a major POS that box was until they finally got it figured out. Voom is MUCH more stable than it was 10 months ago when I joined. Back then I was rebooting several times a day at times, now it's about once a week.

AAARRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! Got 7.33 yesterday so I plugged the phone line back into the receiver. Turned on caller ID. Caller ID appears to be working correctly but I've had 2 lockups since last night. So now I have the phone line unplugged again. And I've lost Fox 4-1.

repeat over and over:

I will not get mad. I will not get mad. I want to like Voom. I want to like Voom.

ram,

reboot your system and plug it back... Please report if you get any more lock ups. As for Fox 4-1 please check the hidden OTA channels to see if it is there. Thanks.

Was Guide Version Upgraded Today?

Ok, I got home and all three receivers, which were in stand-by mode, had a green satellite dish symbol and were in limbo status (not on, but not quite off). The receivers weren't rebooted, but I think the Guide Version may have been updated since the numbers looked different...not certain.

Current Software Version: 02.40
HAL Version: 00.07.33
Middleware Version: 01.45.02
Guide Version: 20.02.07

Anyway, I believe VOOM sent something to my receivers...just don't know what. Anyone else?

*Just noticed all the versions were the same. Can't figure out what happened. :confused:

Sean Mota said:
ram,

reboot your system and plug it back... Please report if you get any more lock ups. As for Fox 4-1 please check the hidden OTA channels to see if it is there. Thanks.

Ok. I did reboot the system once again and activated caller ID. Box locked up again. I rebooted once more and left the phone line out and it appears to be ok for now. I also did a OTA channel rescan and 4-1 came back. I'm thinkning we have to do a rescan after every software update. Can you guys that have lost OTA channels do a rescan and see if your missing channels come back? So for me my OTA problem is fixed but the receiver still locks up using caller ID.

I haven't been having any lockups in several months but I've had at least 10 this weekend. I don't have a phone line plugged in. I've also noticed once in a while when paging through the channel guide, a full page of channels will show up blank. The program info is there but the channel name is not. Page up/down fixes it temporarily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)