New Star Trek Movie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Lexington, KY
I went to the Thursday night showing of the new Star Trek movie and thought it was GREAT! I still think Kahn is the best Star Trek but this one should bring in old and new Star Trek fans alike.

The movie theater I went to had only about 30% in attendance, however most theaters in the area were showing it on multiple screens.

Went to see it . Below Average And I can tell you many reasons why. Don't want to spoil it for those who didn't see it yet. Poor story to say the least. When more have seen it I point out a few major flaws in this movie.

Love Star Trek 2 3 4 and 6

Love Star Trek First Contact

Hated Star Trek 5 and this one.

Last edited:
Many of the things Roddenberry didn't want to happen to Star Trek happens in this movie. The Younger Audience doesn't care much about a story anymore. They just want action. Problem is if you think during this movie at all you ask questions. They want you to believe things that can't happen . I talked to a friend and he laughed about what they did to it. He was disappointed as well .He remembers that Nimoy would object to his character doing or saying things because Mr. Spock wouldn't do or say these things.It wasn't part of his character. But all of that is gone now. And this movie is a great example of how few good Science Fiction writers are around today.
One thing Roddenberry didn't do in the Original Series is make Star Trek watered down for mass-appeal. This is what you're getting now with this movie.

Last edited:
What was watered down? It had a great story and did a great job of reinventing star trek for a new audiance..

I think it's great that they want to bring it to a new audience . And the younger viewers have been very vocal online about how boring the Original Show was. So I guess all they want is action. The movie had plenty of that but lacked the very things that made Star Trek great. I guess some Star Trek fans have to put up with what they've done to the characters.

I am so happy I am not the only one PISSED at what JJ did to Star Trek. This is not including the huge plot holes in the movie that are not easily ignored.

I am so happy I am not the only one PISSED at what JJ did to Star Trek. This is not including the huge plot holes in the movie that are not easily ignored.

What JJ did? With all due respect, he brought it back to LIFE, when it was DEAD! You should be kissing his feet right now, if you really cared anything about Star Trek...

You're complaining about "huge plot holes", in a science-FICTION movie, based on a tv series, that ALWAYS routinely "changed the rules" and made things up as they needed? You have GOT to be kidding me! I can't believe you even bothered posting that line. The entire previous history of Trek consists of many plot holes!

Here's a CLUE for you, which was clearly stated half-way through the movie: It's an ALTERNATE time-line, from the point of Nero jumping back in time, and Kirk's fathers death. It no longer has to follow the old series previous time-lines, and that's pretty much the ONLY way they could have brought Trek back to life! Nobody really wants to see exact remakes of the old series, or movies.

I hope they make 10 more movies, and I'll watch them all! However, you won't see me whining about "the color of the new actors eyes, aren't the same as the originals, HERESY! That's not Star Trek, it's all crap"

If you are that caught up in it, you shouldn't watch any of the new Star Trek stuff, and then you'll have nothing to complain about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts