new strange offering

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Looking at my Dish Network online account, I saw two new packages listed. These prices are before locals.

DishFAMILY w/ America's Top 120 $54.98
DishFAMILY w/ America's Top 120 Plus $59.98

This seems VERY strange as the Top 250 package is $57.99 before locals.

Does this make sense to anyone?

The family pack has certain kid channels that you can not get without subbing to top 250 . Maybe this is a way to get the best of both. I would rather have the top 250 myself and get all the channels you can get and it is cheaper too. I wonder if they will allow you to get the hd versions of certain family pack channels if you sub to both 120 and family pack?

But the Top 120 plus with Family HD offering costs *more* than the Top 250 package. That's what I don't understand.

Oh it comes in top 120 and top 120 plus which is higher with the rsn included. Maybe people want mostly family related channels and they take the family pack+ 120 because of it. The family pack doesn't have cool channels like Syfy, but he top 120 does, so maybe they want the best of both?

Dunno. There's nothing in Dish Family or in Top 120+ that isn't in the Top 250 pack, right? So why would I pay more for Dish Family and 120+ instead of just subscribing to the 250 package?

Weird, isn't it? Just bringing it up because it is so strange.

People who take the family pack have sometimes a moral reason why they are doing it. They may not like some of the racier channels that come with top 250 like FX. So they pick the family friendly pack and the top 120 , because it has channels they consider least offensive, maybe?

I think it is kind of funny when you consider the reason why both sat companies came out with the family pack was to make the FCC happy so they wouldn't push ala-carte . They took the sports related channels out , like Espn to make the family pack less expensive. Why would you then bundle it with the top 120 where the sport channels like Espn are there and you pay for it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)