New Sub question concerning channels

tomyo10

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
erie, pa
I am a new sub from December. I'm also a big Cleveland Indian fan.

The day the Indians announced their new Sportstime Ohio baseball network, the guy was on my roof installing my Dish.

So, I'm seeing all the cable companies pick up STO while E* waits around.

But I did find this on the Dish Channel chart:

On 3/22-

Sports Time Ohio, new home to the Cleveland Indians is now listed on channel 431 on tp 24 at 110°. This location is generally used by part-time channels. This is not visible or available to subscribers at this time (ANON)

My question, how can I pull up 431? I'm not able to even punch the number in.
Also, does this mean Dish will carry STO?

tomyo10 said:
I am a new sub from December. I'm also a big Cleveland Indian fan.

The day the Indians announced their new Sportstime Ohio baseball network, the guy was on my roof installing my Dish.

So, I'm seeing all the cable companies pick up STO while E* waits around.

But I did find this on the Dish Channel chart:

On 3/22-

Sports Time Ohio, new home to the Cleveland Indians is now listed on channel 431 on tp 24 at 110°. This location is generally used by part-time channels. This is not visible or available to subscribers at this time (ANON)

My question, how can I pull up 431? I'm not able to even punch the number in.
Also, does this mean Dish will carry STO?

Did you even read what you posted? The answer to your question is there.

This is not visible or available to subscribers at this time

How do you pull it up? You don't because it's NOT AVAILABLE TO SUBSCRIBERS. Why can't you punch in the number? Because it's NOT AVAILABLE TO SUBSCRIBERS. If it becomes available, then and only then will you be able to get it.

well I guess I should've known that

Maybe I was thinking CH 431 would show an STO or Dish logo.

Maybe I asked because on the website it lists 431 as Fox Pitts 2.

tomyo10 said:
well I guess I should've known that

Maybe I was thinking CH 431 would show an STO or Dish logo.

Maybe I asked because on the website it lists 431 as Fox Pitts 2.

If it was showing a logo that you could see, that would mean the channel was available to subscribers. If it's not available, you can't see anything as if it didn't even exist. Channel 431 was previously Fox Sports Pittsburgh 2 but was removed last November. If "the website" you mention is the DISH Network website, it's not always known for its accuracy so you can't depend on it. Tony's channel chart is very reliable.

chaddux said:
If it was showing a logo that you could see, that would mean the channel was available to subscribers. If it's not available, you can't see anything as if it didn't even exist. Channel 431 was previously Fox Sports Pittsburgh 2 but was removed last November. If "the website" you mention is the DISH Network website, it's not always known for its accuracy so you can't depend on it. Tony's channel chart is very reliable.

thanks

tomyo10 said:

In addition to Tony's chart, you can also watch the uplink reports from JohnH (at DBSTalk) and goaliebob. If the channel becomes available (and there are no guarantees that it will), it will be listed in those reports.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)