new sub with questions on install

bmxcookie said:
First I would like to address the LNBF and switch. The DPP Twin will not work properly with the DP 3:4 switch. The DPP Twin switch conflicts with the 3:4.

Next, I understand the 129 is blocked by trees? Can the dish be moved to get the 129? The 61.5 will not give you all of the HD channels unless you need it for locals. If your going to need the 61.5 and can get the 129 (by cutting trees or moving the dish) then the DPP 4:4 would be the only option to tie them all in. Then there would need to be 3 DP singles or duals on the dish 1000 and a DP single or dual on the wing bird.

Finally, you really need to call Dish customer service and demand a DNSC tech come out to fix your issues.
The dp34 switch has been sitting in my closet since the day the first tech left 3 weeks ago. I didnt plan on giving it back unless asked.

There is no place in my yard that a dish 1000 can get all 3 signals (110,119, and 129). The trees are over a hundred years old and by law I cannot cut them down. If they end up putting my Detroit HD locals on 129 then I will have to find a place for a single dish or maybe stick it on my neighbors house. I would definitely need a dp44 though since the run from the dish1000 to the 129 dish will be over 250ft. Going to a dp44 would be about 125ft or so.

Why not move the dish, dial in 119, connect up 129, check switch, & you should be good. My best results are hook direct (1 cable to input 2, point dish screen to 119, transponder 11, use a dish pro twin (not +) cable on 119 port. dial in 119 on meter. replace dp twin with dp+ twin, hook in 129, put seperator on receiver, run check switch. If you can't find a location that clears 129, then you are out of luck.
hope this helps

You don't need 129, 61.5 will give you all the HD channels. Most locals will be on 110 soon. What you have now with the DPP twin feeding both receivers and the 129 DP LNB moved to 61.5 and feeding into the twin is correct.

The 1000 can feed two receivers of any type. The DPP44 is needed for more than two receivers, the 61.5 would feed the 44 then. The DirectTV dish should work fine, the LNB to dish distance may be off causing the low signal level.

tucksat said:
Why not move the dish, dial in 119, connect up 129, check switch, & you should be good. My best results are hook direct (1 cable to input 2, point dish screen to 119, transponder 11, use a dish pro twin (not +) cable on 119 port. dial in 119 on meter. replace dp twin with dp+ twin, hook in 129, put seperator on receiver, run check switch. If you can't find a location that clears 129, then you are out of luck.
hope this helps
Already bought a dpp44 off ebay and a dish500 with single lnb and I mount from dishstore. Got the Dish1000 lined up perfectly with 110/119 and the dish500 aimed at 61.5. Everything works perfect. Too bad it took spending $200 to get my install right in the first place!

scooby2 said:
New dish sub as of yesterday and the installer was pretty new to the whole hidef thing so it was quite interesting.

I got a dish 1000 with 2 cables coming from 110/119 going to a DP34 and 1 cable from a dish 300 pointing at 61.5 going into the dp34. Coming out of the dp34 there are 2 wires to the vip622 and 1 wire to the 625 which then has a separator on it. The 625 seems to work fine both tuners. With the vip622, I get 110 and 61.5.

He originally tried 2 wires to the 625 and one of the tuners would always fail the check switch test. Any suggestions on what is going on? I thought the dp34 did not work with separators? I have in fact recorded 2 shows at the same time on the 625 so I know that is working.

Thanks for any advice you can give me,
Scooby
can't use a separator with a DP 34..both dual tuners fed from a DP 34 must have two cables to each.

scooby2 said:
ok I pulled out the dp34 and now have one port off the dish 1000 going to my 622 and one port going to the 625 using the separators. The "installer" is begging me not to call dish. He says he will drop off a dish 300 and a dp44 tomorrow. I should probably just call them though. He was supposed to come on saturday at 10am (rescheduled saturday night to sunday 10am because he claimed he was in jail). He called at 1pm today and made up another excuse.

Now if i could figure out why the volume on my 622 tv2 is so quiet. I can barely hear the sound at all unless i turn the volume on tv2 to the max. I have the attenuator on and i ran rg6 straight between the two. Tried with and without the attenuator.
The guy said he couldn't make it because he was in the gray bar Hilton?!!!!!!!!! Screw him ..call dish and get a qualified tech out there......This is ridiculous!

scooby2 said:
Already bought a dpp44 off ebay and a dish500 with single lnb and I mount from dishstore. Got the Dish1000 lined up perfectly with 110/119 and the dish500 aimed at 61.5. Everything works perfect. Too bad it took spending $200 to get my install right in the first place!
Congrats, scooby2! In the long run it might be the best $200 you'll ever spend given all the hassle that was still likely to come with your bunch of local yay-hoos. And think of the education you got! FWIW, you had me ROTFLMAO (sorry 'bout that but thanks a lot for the chuckle - I needed it!)

Sell the 34 and recoup part of that 2 bills. (34 ?? What 34 ?? The tech musta hocked it for bail money!) Seriously, you might try contacting the CEO url (not sure what it is exactly, but you'll find it on here in many threads) with your story - seems a lot of folks have gotten some satisfaction that way, maybe you can at least get some credit on your account. YMMV. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)