New system, 322 vs. 301

Culvin

Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Hello. I've decided it's finally time to switch out my cable for Dish TV -- the prices are too good, and 1.5m DSL is available through my local phone company now and still cheaper than cable broadband. I have a question regarding what system I should lease through Dish though:

I need a 3 television system. Should I get two 322 (dual) receivers or one 322 and one 301 (single) receiver? They both have the same monthly fee, so the two 322 option seems like it might be more upgrade-proof. You guys seem experienced with the various receivers, so what do you think?

Thanks in advance. I can't wait to get switch over :yes

322's have been buggy, can't rush the setup and downloads. Even then, we have seen a 1 in 7 failure rate. We dislike them and try to steer the customer away from them. Also, cable routing can be a consideration. You need two cables from the dish to each 322, and either diplex TV2 output back to the demarc to feed TV2, or run a third line from the 322 to TV2.

CablerMN said:
322's have been buggy, can't rush the setup and downloads. Even then, we have seen a 1 in 7 failure rate. We dislike them and try to steer the customer away from them.
I haven't had any problem with my 322, I guess I've just been lucky

Also, cable routing can be a consideration. You need two cables from the dish to each 322.
The DP 44+ is suppose to fix that problem.

I wasnt allowed to get two 301s when I went w/ the DHA. I wanted the 811, so only option I was given for the other two TVs was the 322. I put the 322 on the garage TV, and ran the second output to my bedroom TV (the wiring was much simpler this way). This was OK and the 322 does work well as advertised, but the signal to the second TV will not output Stereo sound. When I get a nicer TV in the bedroom, I will have to get a 301 or another receiver to have decent sound on it. In hindsight, I wish I could have gotten two 301's instead of the 322.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)