New tax on MyDish bill in January

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Chicago Rental Tax D,T C A rental tax, known as the Personal Property Lease Transaction Tax, is imposed by the City of Chicago upon the rental of personal property within the City. Rental tax applies to the monthly rental/lease charges for items such as modem rentals.

Sounds time to move outside the Chicago city limits to avoid the tax

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't know about that, the Northwest corner between Galena and Dubuque is down right pretty what with a few hills and all.
Southern Illinois, the Marion area, Lake Egypt, etc is amazing. It doesn't even seem like you're in Illinois, ie. No Cornfields! Just miles and miles of hills and timber and property down there is dirt cheap. After working in that market for a month, I cam back to Central Illinois thinking that some people up here think they're country... they're not country lol

Southern Illinois, the Marion area, Lake Egypt, etc is amazing. It doesn't even seem like you're in Illinois, ie. No Cornfields! Just miles and miles of hills and timber and property down there is dirt cheap. After working in that market for a month, I cam back to Central Illinois thinking that some people up here think they're country... they're not country lol
That's where I live, and it was by choice. I was the local Navy recruiter in Marion when I retired from the Navy in '83, loved the area, found a job that I loved and just stuck around. BTW Illinois doesn't tax retirements and many other things, and for military vets with disabilities there is a sliding reduction of property taxes going all the way to no property tax for those 70% disabled.

Move FAR outside Chicago. Otherwise you may get stuck in Crook County which has taxes on anything that they can dream up.

One of my favorite movies, The Blues Brothers, is entirely based on the guys being able to raise $5,000 to pay tax to none other than the Cook County Assessor’s Office ;)

That's where I live, and it was by choice. I was the local Navy recruiter in Marion when I retired from the Navy in '83, loved the area, found a job that I loved and just stuck around. BTW Illinois doesn't tax retirements and many other things, and for military vets with disabilities there is a sliding reduction of property taxes going all the way to no property tax for those 70% disabled.
Hmmm I am 90%...

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)