New to Direct install questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PhillyUnionSoccer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
South Jersey (NJ)
Just left E** after 9 years & had my new Direct install yesterday. (well partially) I ordered for 2 HD tvs with HD programming ,Whole Home DVR & cinema package, Choice Extra pack + sports pack. Which I though would be a rather easy install.

Living room HR24 HDDVR was installed with cinema pack & works fine

Bedroom HR21 HD -does not work-looks like refurb (audio/video keep fading off & on & whole home DVR function & cinema functions do not work.)

Installer promised he would get me new HR24DVR and install today but did not show. (though he called back after I called him) & then promised he would come with new equipment Friday.

also
I was told I would get free HD but I was charged $10 on my autopay bill. I also had a friend refer me & I gave the info (acct; phone;name) BEFORE my install but there is no $10 credit on the first bill or online on my acct. rebate section processing.

Any advice since I am a newbie to Direct appreciated.:)

The hd charge will show on the bill, but there should be a credit for $10 also. That's just the way they do the billing for it. I don't know about the refer program. That may take a month or more to show up. Maybe someone who has gotten it can chime in.

New Install Reciever Question

I just had installed one HR24 HD DVR and one HD HR21 two days ago.

the HR21 does not work (image & audio problems & whole home does not work) and the direct tv contractor said he would replace it when shipment comes in with another HR24 DVR (which is OK with me- BUT)

Will I have to pay any difference since my sign-up contract states a free HD DVR & free HD reciever only?

(just a little worried since it is a contracted installer)

You should keep your questions on the same issue in the same thread.

Philly,
When you do a Referral, you MUST call the particular number they give for referrals to get it, unfortunately, if you ordered from a different number, you may be out of luck.
Don't know why they can't just transfer you to that particular ext. when you mention the referral .... not my call, but it's often the issue.

This is a bunch of BS having to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the discount. I was think of switching from E** to D** and was hoping to use my sister as a referral. Man, it seemslke D** has as many "smoke and mirror issues" as E**

not really. There is a site online
directv.com/refer and it has the number to call or just do the order online where there is no issue

So you currently have 2 dvr's and not 1 dvr and 1 hd ird. Is that what you ordered? If the tech installed the hr21 and it doesn't work correctly then he needs to at least exchange it with one that does work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts