New to Dish and receiving Error 002

ericmn1

Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
Hi, I am new to dish (been a customer for about a week). I had an installer come last Wednesday to install my dish and receiver. I got the 522, which seems to be an nice system, but I keep having problems with the 2nd tuner. On my main TV which is connected to tuner 1 I don't have any issues, but on TV 2 (tuner 2) I don't receive channels in the 160's and 170's. I do a soft reset of the box and sometimes a hard reset. It sometimes fixes the issue for a bit but I usually have to reset it ever day. I have given up on watching anything on the 2nd TV in the 160 and 170 range. I talked with Dish and they are going to send someone out next week, but I was wondering if anyone had an idea of what might be causing this. I don't think its an obstuction issue since the dish has a clear line of sight and tuner one does not have an issue. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

If you get the time, reset your receievr and run another check switch. Then go into the signal strenght menu (Point Dish on the menu screen) and check to see if you missing any transponders.

I do notice that when going into dish pointing some of the transponders have no signal. Generally when I get the 002 error the screen shows Satellite 119 Transponder 19. However; when you go to dishpointing and select this I get no signal stregth. Also on the transponders that I do get signal it will toggle between locked and not locked. This all leads me to believe I have a LNB problem.

You should have two coaxial cables coming in from the dish. Swap these two and run a check switch, if the problem switches tuners you have a cabling problem. If the problem stays on tuner 2 you have a receiver problem.

Sounds like a reciever issue if you are only having problems on about 10-20 channels. Make sure that the tech is bringing one out with them.

721/Dolby 5.1/Skip Problems

Any free superdish deals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)