New to Dish Can't Get a Straight Answer

Gauzeturbo

Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Michigan
Hi all, I am new to Dish and new to the forum. My wife and I switched to Dish because we absolutely detest Charter and their bundling. A couple things concern me though and I was wondering if someone could help me get a straight answer.

We signed up for the America's Top 200 with Silver HD package. I am a sports nut and we live within the standard DMA for Fox Sports Detroit in SD. I have called a couple of times but no one could get me a straight answer (I've gotten a YES, NO and an I dont know) as to whether or not we can get Fox Sports Detroit in HD. Most of the people I spoke with were Indian, and I don't think knew what I was asking. Can I get this in my package?

I appreciate your help, and please excuse my noob question. Thanks!

Go to dishnetwork.com, click on programming, click on locals, type in your address and it will not only give you local eligibility, but will also show you your Regional sports network.

I am a sports nut and we live within the standard DMA for Fox Sports Detroit in SD.
Can you be more specific on where you live ? Dish may be enforcing the boundary more so than Charter did/does. That said, the boundary is pretty big... I'm in Dayton but Cincinnati is my regional sports network. It is only ~50 miles away though.

Hi all, I am new to Dish and new to the forum. My wife and I switched to Dish because we absolutely detest Charter and their bundling. A couple things concern me though and I was wondering if someone could help me get a straight answer.

We signed up for the America's Top 200 with Silver HD package. I am a sports nut and we live within the standard DMA for Fox Sports Detroit in SD. I have called a couple of times but no one could get me a straight answer (I've gotten a YES, NO and an I dont know) as to whether or not we can get Fox Sports Detroit in HD. Most of the people I spoke with were Indian, and I don't think knew what I was asking. Can I get this in my package?

I appreciate your help, and please excuse my noob question. Thanks!

Can you be more specific on where you live ? Dish may be enforcing the boundary more so than Charter did/does. That said, the boundary is pretty big... I'm in Dayton but Cincinnati is my regional sports network. It is only ~50 miles away though.

All RSN's are available starting with the AT100 Plus. Only thing is is that they are just like locals. They are regional(hence regional sports nets) and that is not setup by E* but by FCC(or other media group), I believe.

E* can tell you what RSN you qualify for in your area. I am close to Houston and get games from Astros and the Rangers so it depends. Even if you don't get it in your package because of the region you can add the multi sports package for $5.99mth and get all of them. The only bad side to that is that most(if not all) games will be blacked out on the channels not in your region.

Ya, hopefully fox sports will start to broadcast everything in hd. And from what I noticed all fox sports carry the same college football game so i found the sports package worthless except for the big10 network (not in the area) and who wants to watch the big ten :p

From a fellow Michigander---YES, you'll get Fox Sports Detroit in HD..................WHEN Fox broadcasts the event in HD, which is not always. Fox Sports Detroit/HD was initially only on 61.5. Sometime last summer it became available on both 61.5 and 129.

Ed

I am in the Saginaw/Flint DMA, but I reside in Midland. It is about 20 miles from Saginaw, but locally we get Saginaw/Flint stations.

Yes, there is an HD feed available for Fox Sports Detroit but its not activated until there is an actual game in HD.

For example when the Tiger play about 80% of the time the game will be available in HD!

And this brings me to my question ....

If I go Turbo Gold Digital Advantage HD with the Platinum HD and order the multi sports pack will I get both HD and the SD channels? I get three RSN's when I get the multi-sports pack. An example is Fox North is on 436 but when a game is in HD it goes to 436HD. But when no games are on will I still get the SD version?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)