New to dish, have ?

JmsMc58

Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
Hello, I just got hooked up yesterday. I had them hookup an 811 and a 522 on my HDTV. Today the 811 doesn't see the sat. at 110. The 522 does, and if I switch one of the cables from the 522 to the 811, the 811 still doesn't find the sat. The check switch said that it is hooked to only one sat. This looks like I have a bad receiver. Thought I come here and ask the experts. One more question, has anyone hooked the output from a 522 into one of the inputs of an 811. So they can watch the program from the 522 through the 811. So you don't have to change TV inputs, and it would show up in the guide. TIA, James

It looks like you've done the proper troubleshooting, but have you tried pulling the plug on the 811? A full "switch matrix reset" might be good, too. Disconnect satellite feed, run Check Switch. Pull power plug. Run Check Switch AGAIN. Hook up a known good satellite feed and run Check Switch for the third time.

As for running the 522 through the 811 - it will NOT show up in the guide. With an 811, you probably have a nice HDTV with multiple inputs. You're probably better off in both PQ and feature-wise to hook the 522 directly to the HDTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)