What the hell...I have to pay to cancel

Again, if you CAN'T get the LNB then you... ahem....

...DON'T HAVE TO SEND IT BACK.

Just drop a note in the package when you send the receiver back. This isn't rocket science...
Perhaps in the instructions should be a line indicating that return of the lnb is optional .Something about recycling could appeal to some customers.

Just curious-did at any time did anyone tell you or did you ever read that return of the LNB was mandatory? Or were you an informed consumer(by hanging out here of course) and knew you could ignore any such instructions? :)
I was told by CS to only return the Hoppper. Recycle the outdoor dish and LNB and keep or recycle the Joey 2

It all started with the bogus DVR fee after he promised free DVR for life
Amen, that was where DISH went wrong. Before that, they were trying for low prices and value for the customers. Once they added Dvr fees and raised the additional receiver fees they made themselves out of sight in pricing. Especially once they added the Hopper with a $15.00 Dvr fee and then you had to have a joey at $7.00. I said all along if you bought your receivers there should of been no additional receiver or dvr fees. Oh well it is all going to be water under the bridge soon enough. Then the streaming services will continue to do the same thing to their apps as cable did, raising prices every year and people will stop using their service. #GREED. :smug

Amen, that was where DISH went wrong. Before that, they were trying for low prices and value for the customers. Once they added Dvr fees and raised the additional receiver fees they made themselves out of sight in pricing. Especially once they added the Hopper with a $15.00 Dvr fee and then you had to have a joey at $7.00. I said all along if you bought your receivers there should of been no additional receiver or dvr fees. Oh well it is all going to be water under the bridge soon enough. Then the streaming services will continue to do the same thing to their apps as cable did, raising prices every year and people will stop using their service. #GREED. :smug

Well to be fair, the 501/508 had a very low take rate...at the time it was a $50 one time upgrade fee at signup to go from a 301 to 501. People decided $5/mo for the rest of their lives was better than a one time $50 fee. :oops:

I'm with you and always hated the DVR fee which is why I have a Wally with an EHD.

Well to be fair, the 501/508 had a very low take rate...at the time it was a $50 one time upgrade fee at signup to go from a 301 to 501. People decided $5/mo for the rest of their lives was better than a one time $50 fee. :oops:

I'm with you and always hated the DVR fee which is why I have a Wally with an EHD.
$5 a month for life is better than $50 one time fee ?????

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
$5 a month for life is better than $50 one time fee ?????
I never understood any box fee, to pay a $50 fee ( or a $5 or more monthly fee) just so I can continue to keep paying them another monthly fee for programming just made no sense.

DVR fee I understand, because they are providing a different service on top of your programming service.

Those who buy boxes ( say a Hopper 3) and then still have to pay a monthly fee on top of the cost of the box, I never have understood, not like you can use the box for something else if you cancel and you are basically paying twice, cost of Box and the per box fee.

I never understood any box fee, to pay a $50 fee ( or a $5 or more monthly fee) just so I can continue to keep paying them another monthly fee for programming just made no sense.

DVR fee I understand, because they are providing a different service on top of your programming service.

Those who buy boxes ( say a Hopper 3) and then still have to pay a monthly fee on top of the cost of the box, I never have understood, not like you can use the box for something else if you cancel and you are basically paying twice, cost of Box and the per box fee.
Well you can think of it thus way. When you buy a car and it's fully paid off it doesn't just go. It requires fuel that you must refill over and over. Same thing with receuvers just because you own it doesn't mean you get free access to programming. When they charge you for your regular programming that is for access for only one receiver. Then each additional receiver is $5-12 depending on receiver and whether it's owned or leased. $5-12 is a lot better than paying a full $70-200 for whatever package you're on. So would you rather pay a full bill per receiver or a measly $5?

Well you can think of it thus way. When you buy a car and it's fully paid off it doesn't just go. It requires fuel that you must refill over and over. Same thing with receuvers just because you own it doesn't mean you get free access to programming.
But then why buy them, spend all that money, if you have to buy the gas for them no matter what.

Just pay for the gas then.

Only advantage I could see to Buying a Recvr is that with Dish, you can turn it Off and On as needed.

Perhaps in the instructions should be a line indicating that return of the lnb is optional .Something about recycling could appeal to some customers.
I just got my email with return instructions and it lists the equipment to return. It says ONLY return the equipment listed below and all it shows is my H3 and Joey 3. So, based on the email I only have to return those two items. However, the email also lists instructions for packing and returning equipment and those include removing and returning to LNB. I'll be going by what the email says and returning the H3 and J3 only.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

I just got my email with return instructions and it lists the equipment to return. It says ONLY return the equipment listed below and all it shows is my H3 and Joey 3. So, based on the email I only have to return those two items. However, the email also lists instructions for packing and returning equipment and those include removing and returning to LNB. I'll be going by what the email says and returning the H3 and J3 only.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Keep that email!