New to DISH. Questions about Hopper 3.

Kizzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2016
Nebraska
Hello all.

I've been reading through the forums for a few days now. Usually, I can find answers to most of my questions without having to start a new thread, but I still have a few. My DISH is being installed this weekend. I am leaving TWC with Tivos.

Hopper 3 expansion. How many 3.0 USB posts? I want to add one or two external hard drives to max out my space. I'm thinking about using: Amazon product ASIN B00E3RH5W2 Is this OK? Can I get a 4TB unit instead of 2TB? I know that DISH only supports 2TB, but what's happening in the real world?

Also, they are installing two Hopper 3's for us. One for me, and one for the rest of the family. Various Joey's around the house will link to the appropriate Hopper 3. Apparently, I need two dishes for this, but am only paying for one account fully loaded. I currently have one TV that is 4K, but will be replacing other TVs with 4K within the year. Which Joey's should I ask them to supply? I want Joey's that are 4K ready, so that as I replace TVs, I don't need to pay a service call to have Joeys replaced. Will they do that?

Thanks for any help. Great forum.

3 USB ports. (powered hubs can be used if you need more).
Stick with the 2 TB EHD. It's the Dish world you need to adhere to, though I believe some are using 3T....they just won't format past 2.
Dish will still not activate more than one H3 per account. This might change be year's end.
Ask for 4K Joeys. They will cost you more, though I forgot how much.

3 USB ports. (powered hubs can be used if you need more).
Stick with the 2 TB EHD. It's the Dish world you need to adhere to, though I believe some are using 3T....they just won't format past 2.
Dish will still not activate more than one H3 per account. This might change be year's end.
Ask for 4K Joeys. They will cost you more, though I forgot how much.
According to his post, He is getting 2 Hopper 3s Activated.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)