New to Dish - VIP 622 question

jkinghome

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
So, I am new to Dish Network from Directv. I have been a lover of the DirecTivo for a few years, but am switching for the Dish HD content.

One thing that concerns me is that I read that the Dish DVR have a "timer related recording programming not event. I want to make sure that I have something that does what "Season Pass" does on the DirecTivo, where I can select a show and it will record it anytime it is on, new episodes, repeats etc. Even if the show changes time, the Tivo would record it without a problem.

Does the VIP622 do this? If it doesn't my spouse will kill me!!!

Thanks for your help.

Spacepig said:
yes it does do that. It is called DishPass and will do name based recording on any channel or time

Any channel? That kind of sucks. What happens when there is HBO and HBO-HD? or CBS and CBS-HD? Does it record both?

you have the option of setting to do just one channel if you wish. So if you wanted the HBO HD feed you would set the DishPass for that channel only

the standard timer, not using dishpass, allows for you to select all, new, once etc. on a specific channel and it will show you each event in a list.
I identify if i have both tuners recording by looking at the epg and looking for the green 1 which means tuner 1, my normal watching tuner, will be used. If I see that i go and massage the timers so that it doesnt use both, unless i dont care coz it's the middle of the night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)